Having trouble with dealership..Plz Help:(

Chunky04

Lil Bad Boy
Established Member
Well guys..it happened...diff cover shattered and driveshaft broke:( my mods are in sig... so i took it to the dealership with all my mods still on because i know the service manager... Well turns out he wont touch the car because its modded out...so i have taken everything off of the car except for the exhaust...And the dealership is still giving me a hard time about it... they claim i had to be racing or doing some sort of hot rodding... :shrug: Ok Ok i was getting on it a little but i wasnt at the strip and i wasnt racing anyone...

So anyways...my question is...is there any way i can contact the ford warranty division and talk to them about my situation?? Has anyone been in this same situation?? What was the outcome?? If i had alot of money i would just do a solid axle...but i am only 18 and im broke...so that idea is out of the question... But what should i do now? take it to another dealership? keep trying at the one im at now? any suggestions? Thanks guys :beer:

Tranzlucent

Invade and Terminate!
Established Member
So are they going to cover the replacement if you demod? If so, then what are you waiting for, demod and go from there. If they are not going to cover it, leave the mods on and deal with it. You can try the other dealership route, but they may oasis you and find out you have tried to get it covered before. I'm in the same boat as you as far as being broke, but at the same time, you do have to pay to play.

Chunky04

Lil Bad Boy
Established Member
Tranzlucent said:
So are they going to cover the replacement if you demod? If so, then what are you waiting for, demod and go from there. If they are not going to cover it, leave the mods on and deal with it. You can try the other dealership route, but they may oasis you and find out you have tried to get it covered before. I'm in the same boat as you as far as being broke, but at the same time, you do have to pay to play.

So they havent said weither or not they are gonna cover it... they said i needed to demod it befor i did anything else...so i did...the car is completely bone stock except for exhaust... and thats my status as of right now.. :shrug:

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
I'd talk to your service manager. Your car is stock, it broke a halfshaft and the diff cover which are weak links in the IRS to begin with. I'd give them a bit of an argument for all that. Does the dealer say when you buy the car that taking it to the drag strip will void the warranty in the case that anything breaks? I don't recall any kind of clause for that, but I highly doubt it.
Its a recreational car built for special sports use. SPECIAL Vehicle Team.... Bring that to their attention and if all else fails, call up SVT. 1800-FORD-SVT they seemed to be very helpful when I called them.

Hope you get it fixed and definitely keep us updated. I'm sure there are a few on here that are wondering what they would do in this situation.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
You have a pulley, that means alot of extra tourque. Why would they cover it?

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
I hate to say it, but it wont do any good to demod it, they already know it was modded and have more than likely noted this in the computer (which is not a good thing)...my best advice is to leave it modded and fix the mishap, unfortunately some dealerships are not mod friendly and it looks like you found one...sorry man and good luck

Chunky04

Lil Bad Boy
Established Member
PowerWheels said:
You have a pulley, that means alot of extra tourque. Why would they cover it?

"Its a recreational car built for special sports use. SPECIAL Vehicle Team.... Bring that to their attention" quote by DKS2814V... i think that line says it all...ford didnt build this vehicle to take kids to soccer practice,..they obviously built this car for performance...

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Chunky04 said:
"Its a recreational car built for special sports use. SPECIAL Vehicle Team.... Bring that to their attention" quote by DKS2814V... i think that line says it all...ford didnt build this vehicle to take kids to soccer practice,..they obviously built this car for performance...

Yes, they built it for performance, but you can't throw 500hp to the rear wheels and expect the stock rearend to take it, at least not under warranty! :poke:

If it's covered, then I need your dealers name, cause I want to put a KB, with NOS and have full warranty coverage! :burn:

Last edited:

Chunky04

Lil Bad Boy
Established Member
PowerWheels said:
Yes, they built it for performance, but you can't throw 500hp to the rear wheels and expect the stock rearend to take it, at least not under warranty! :poke:

If it's covered, then I need your dealers name, cause I want to put a KB, with NOS and have full warranty coverage! :burn:

If you want to re-read my first post..."So anyways...my question is...is there any way i can contact the ford warranty division and talk to them about my situation?? Has anyone been in this same situation?? What was the outcome?? If i had alot of money i would just do a solid axle...but i am only 18 and im broke...so that idea is out of the question... But what should i do now? take it to another dealership? keep trying at the one im at now? any suggestions? Thanks guys"

I am simply wanted to talk to someone about my situation... im not trying to force any dealerships into working on my modded car... im simply wondering if anyone else has been in this same situation... and what their outcome was...

Oh and by the way... My uncle has a 2.4 KB Cobra on 100/wet NX kit...pushing right at 750 to the wheels :D and this same dealership has warrantied him several times... :nonono: lucky bastard:) 2 clutches,TOB, Rear end leak,seatbelt,head work, just some i know right off the top of my head...

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
So show the dealer that they warrantied him and won't you, with a lawyer present. That shoud do the trick! Good Luck!

sb03cobra

Established Member
Chunky04 said:
Well guys..it happened...diff cover shattered and driveshaft broke:( my mods are in sig... so i took it to the dealership with all my mods still on because i know the service manager... Well turns out he wont touch the car because its modded out...so i have taken everything off of the car except for the exhaust...And the dealership is still giving me a hard time about it... they claim i had to be racing or doing some sort of hot rodding... :shrug: Ok Ok i was getting on it a little but i wasnt at the strip and i wasnt racing anyone...

So anyways...my question is...is there any way i can contact the ford warranty division and talk to them about my situation?? Has anyone been in this same situation?? What was the outcome?? If i had alot of money i would just do a solid axle...but i am only 18 and im broke...so that idea is out of the question... But what should i do now? take it to another dealership? keep trying at the one im at now? any suggestions? Thanks guys :beer:

Well I hate to be a prick but, you have modded the car and you need to pay for the damage. People with stock cobra's have a hard enough time getting warranty work covered. If it was something not related to your mods, then you would have a valid complaint.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
You broke it, you fix it. Diff cover is like $53 and Driveshaft is $200.

Could not be a worse car for an 18yr old with no money and a bunch of power mods.

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
postban said:

Could not be a worse car for an 18yr old with no money and a bunch of power mods.

Actually it is one of the best cars for an 18 year old. This car will take more abuse than most $28-$35K cars.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
postban said:

I have to agree. For one, if I had a Cobra instead of an LX at 18 I think I would have killed myself. The other thing is I can't even imagine how much is paid on insurance. This has got to be one of the most expensive cars to drive as an 18 year old.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Chunky04 said:
...is there any way i can contact the ford warranty division and talk to them about my situation??
If this dealer denied your work AND made a notation about it in their computer, there's no way you're going to get the car fixed under warranty by anyone. Even if you take it to another dealer, they will see that your car has been flagged in the computer for this issue. It sounds like this is what has likely happened.

No, there's nobody you can talk to at Ford to resolve the issue. If you start crying to Ford about how your "de-modded" Cobra should be covered, you're likely to make matters worse. Be thankful the dealer didn't void your entire drivetrain warranty...because it has happened.

You should let this one go, suck it up, and pay for the repair yourself.

...i am only 18 and im broke...what should i do now?
Stop breaking your car until you have money? :shrug:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
This is not a good situation for you. But quite honestly, it has been posted in this forum probably hundreds of times...if you mod...you accept any and all drivetrain issues. Period. You are asking Ford to warranty something they didn't build. I understand how you felt the need for the mods...it can be a very powerful "elixer". But in your situation...your age...your finances...you should have never, ever deviated from the stock engine. But that's all spilled milk at this point. Any calls to SVT, Ford, or other dealers will and should be useless. The rear end is NOT a weak link on the car as delivered. Only when you mod it and abuse it with slicks, etc. does it become a weak link. As was said earlier...you play...you pay. It can't be said any plainer than that.

I would love to mod my car and get around 600 hp out of it. But right now, it's not that important to me. I don't have to be as fast as Cobra Bob's old car or the Z06 down the street. It would be nice, but I use this as my daily driver and until I'm sure I don't have any issues such as a ticking head, etc., I'm leaving it alone. If and when I do mod it, I will buy another car for my daily driver and have a ball with this one. But I can AFFORD it! That's the point.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Chunky04 said:

But they didn't build it for you to mod and race! If you bought a new 05 and modded it to go Grand Am racing, do you honestly think it should be under warranty? If you want to do that, you call Ford and pony up 125K and they will deliver that car to your door....sans warranty! You can't honestly expect Ford to warranty a product that they didn't build...and they didn't build and deliver a car the way yours is modded.

Chunky04

Lil Bad Boy
Established Member
Well guys...i just heard back from the dealership...and yep yep its covered :rockon: i couldnt ask for a better outcome... all i got to say is...

even if you have a simple mod...such as aftermarket tires...save time and hassle and just put the stockies back on when you take the car in for ANY type of warranty work...

P.S. All it takes is a little bit of green thrown in some of there faces and you will be good to go :beer:

bp03svt

Established Member
Chunky04 said:
Well guys...i just heard back from the dealership...and yep yep its covered :rockon: i couldnt ask for a better outcome... all i got to say is...

even if you have a simple mod...such as aftermarket tires...save time and hassle and just put the stockies back on when you take the car in for ANY type of warranty work...

P.S. All it takes is a little bit of green thrown in some of there faces and you will be good to go :beer:

That is very true about putting it back stock, they will use any excuse they can to not have to do warrenty work.

:beer:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Chunky04 said:
...i just heard back from the dealership...and yep yep its covered
You dodged a bullet on this one, and Ford is paying for a repair that they shouldn't have to. If a Ford Field Service Engineer had happened to see your car at this dealer, your entire warranty would have been voided on the spot. Consider yourself lucky, and don't beat on your car in the future if you can't afford to break it.

Users who are viewing this thread