TYEDYE

so i got back from not driving my daily driver (06 5speed GT) for 4 days, went to turn it over and it just ticked. It threw me a low battery error on my stereo so i changed the battery. It was the first time ive changed it since i bought the car in october of 2013. from what i could see on the old battery it was about 5 years old so it needed to be changed anyway.
ok, new battery is in, starts right up and sits right a a normal idle. it was cold so i did not rev it up or anything. i got in it about an hour later to take it out for a spin and i noticed that every time i am rolling and i press in the clutch, the car drops to about 250 rpms and barley stays on. Usually when the engine is cold it does what some people have told me is "surging" where it self revs a little bit (drops to about 500rpm then revs to about 1500) when ever it is idling but what its doing now is dropping lower than if ever does and just staying down low until i give it gas to start going. today on the way to work the rpms actually dropped so low that the car died while i was at a stop light. 2 weeks ago it threw a check engine light and when the code was read it was a misfire on cylinder 1 error. The light went off by itself and has not come back on, my guy said he could not find anything wrong with it but that it might be a bad plug or coil. i replaced the plugs about a year ago.
had anyone ever had a problem like this or know what it is? my car does tick pretty loud while its on which i think are my injectors, could it possibly be my injectors are going bad? Please let me know what you guys think.
Thank you,
-TyeDyE

Stang Lover

Established Member
Are there any mods done to you car? I take it you didn't replace the coils since you just said plugs. Try putting that #1 coil on another plug and see if the problem moves over there.

Users who are viewing this thread