Having some pretty wierd problems. help!

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
After installing my intercooler reservoir and canton expansion tank I bled the system and hooked up all the according lines. The battery was dead from sitting about 3 weeks (powdercoating takes awhile). So i jumped the battery, let the car run for about a hour, everything was good.

Today: I hop in the car to run some errands and it barely starts. I thought hm thats strange. I head to the bank and i hear this wining sound from my car. I thought thats wierd. I smelled some coolant in the bank line but thought it was the excess coming out of my atmosphere vent on the canton. I turn the car off in th parking lot and it dies and wont start up again. My buddy comes along and jumps it. At that point im thinking man this has to be alternator related, the battery was holding a charge fine. So i haul ass home, keeping the heater on in 90 degree heat just to make sure my car doesnt overheat. When i pull int my street, my pioneer dvd screen shuts off, the car starts bogging, I barely back into my parking spot and the windows will barely roll up. Sure as shit the Theft light comes on and the car dies.

What ive checked: So far I found out that the battery has a charge about 10.9vbolts. I can jump start the car in which the alternator is outputting 13.8 - 13.9 volts. There is a wining sound followed by a grinding sound right below my JLT intake tube when the car is given a small amount of gas.

Please listen to the video and tell me what you think. Im out of ideas.... The grinding sound you hear 40-48 & 50-52 secs in to the video.,. is not he camera microphone, its actual grinding or sounds like it.

Summary
* Car making whining sound and grinding sound when gas is given. The grinding is coming from the passenger side right below the inlet/cold air intake tube.
* Car died today and died again shutting my radio off and displaying a THEFT light just before bogging and stalling. Almost sounds alternator related
* after jump starting the car the alternator is indeed OUTPUTTING 13.8 volts
* The battery is reading 10.9- 11 V
* I just got the canton/lfp ice box powdercoated and the car sat for 3 weeks without being cranked. I filled with fluid and bleed correctly.
* I took it out yesterday for some fun runs although but the car ran fine before and after.

Movie:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0cazZJafwM"]YouTube - MVI 1275[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread