Having problems removing stock H-Pipe!!!

badaz5.0

Established Member
Ok guys looking for a little help, I just purchased a upr offroad x-pipe to put on my 03 cobra and finally got it in and couldn't wait to get it put on!! My car is too quiet and I want it louder!! So anyway the other night my buddy and I tried to do the install and we can't get the damn bolts on the passenger side manifold off!!! All the other bolts come off fairly easy but I cant seem to get to the passenger side ones to get them off!! Hoping some of you might have a little insight in doing this to help me get to them easier!! We screwed with it so long i think one of the nuts is rounded off a little so I might be screwed I have no Idea??? Please let me know if there is a easier way to do this!! :fm::bash:

semperfimrn1

Established Member
get one of these

Swivel_Socket_7_16.jpg

put it on one of these

EXTENSION-SET-PC-LSS-_i_LBM69888.jpg

a long enough ratchet to give you more torque to loosen and tighten

sealey-tool-tray-with-ratchet-torque-wrench-breaker-bar-and-socket-adaptor-set-13pc.jpg

and IIRC believe its a 15mm long socket

R2353924-01.jpg

i did this yesterday with my bro. put on my bassani off road x.

badaz5.0

Established Member
Thanks guys I will give this a try!! It just seemed like when we were messing with it the socket just wasn't going on the nut all the way and couldn't get it too because of the other shit in the way!! lol We just walked away cause we were both pissed so Im sure it will go a little smoother when we try again!! lol

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
a swivel and long extensions will be your friend on this one. Plus some WD40. Let the WD40 sit for awhile and you should be good to go! Good luck!

djtyau

Established Member
PB Blaster is the best. Spray it on and wait a few minutes to penetrate and the bolts will come off.

Users who are viewing this thread