having no luck in the drivetrain section, lets try here....

Sonicblu0311

Established Member
Lancaster (village), New York, United States
So im picking up a 4r75w w a fmvb and i was wondering what shifters any auto guys are using. I saw someone on here sells shifter relocation kits or something which would be fantastic since im only 5'6" but, either way i dont want to use the hammer shifter. A friend of mine has it and im not a fan, i dont know why but i just never liked it. Any input is greatly appreciated since im new to the auto world... i know a lot of other turbo cobra guys run an auto so this is probably my best bet

itSSlow98

Established Member
Im going auto as well, actually picking the th400 up sunday but it has a B&M with the ball and button on it. I may swap to a hurst quarter stick with the button though.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
I'm a little late to the party on this one, but hopefully I can help.

a93cobra sells a shifter bezel relocation kit, he was easy to work with and I recomend taking a look at it. I purchased one but have yet to install.

Being that you're going with an auto, it doesn't really matter where the shifter goes as long as you have room for the mechanicals of the shifter itself, it could go in your glove box for all it matters. The shifter is connected to the transmission via a "shift linkage", or cable. Your limitations are how long this cable is.

As far as shifter recommendations, I chose the B&M hammer. Love it, but obviously you have to chose something you like.

Users who are viewing this thread