Having my cat euthanized

spinscan

Established Member
I am going to have one of my cats put down this am. She has been with us for about 20 years. I am dreading this and am very depressed.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I can't even imagine what it will be like for my wife when our cat passes... It would be even harder if we had to make the decision to put him down. I feel for ya man...

U.M.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
20 years is a good long life, but I still can't imagine losing one of mine :(

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
20 years:eek: that is awesome! I wish my dogs could live up to 20 years:(

:rockon:to 20 years of having a pet you love

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
I am so sorry to hear this but yes, 20 years is a LONG time for a cat to live! You must have taken very good care of her and gave her lots of love! If it has come to this it means you are still taking very good care of her and thinking only of her well-being than your personal feelings. That is very admirable.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
We had to put our cat (Shelby) down over a year ago. It was a terrible thing to have to go through. Sorry to hear this. At least your cat lead a good life. I'm sure you'll make another animal happy someday.

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
That sucks man. My first cat I got as a kid lived 20 years and when he needed to be put to sleep that was really hard. My wife will be a wreck when that time comes for the two we have now. I'm sure I will be too.

50 Proof

Established Member
I just had to put my cat down recently too due to kidney failure. I had him for 14 years. I still remember the day I picked him up too. I feel your pain, it sucks :(

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Sorry to hear that.

But wouldn't it be cool to take it to a taxidermist and have it stuffed doing a break-dancing pose.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Had to do that to one of ours last year. It was not easy, and I feel for you. Just prepare yourself, because you will feel absolutely terrible for a couple of days afterward. I know I did.

We have two cats and a dog left, and I'm dreading the day I'm forced with that decision again.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
least you will have closure.

my cat after 15yrs just vanished. We like to hope he went to the orchard to die (have heard cats do this often) but who knows.

divided

Established Member
least you will have closure.

my cat after 15yrs just vanished. We like to hope he went to the orchard to die (have heard cats do this often) but who knows.

Id believe it. We had an old cat probably ~14 years old and he was an outside cat. He was sick for a while and finally went under the neighbors porch to die.

My cat now is about 9 months old and id be devistated if anything happened to him.

FSSNK

Established Member
Sorry to hear. I pray my cats live a long life like yours.

caligirl7

Banned
So sorry to hear it. We had to put our dog down a few years ago and it was harder than I imagined. They are your best friends. I also have a cat and can't imagine the day I may have to put her down. She's my little fuzzy friend. Celebrate the 20 years you had with her! You will never forget her, but time will ease the pain. I am sure everyone that posted in this thread are animal lovers and feel your pain.

RedDemon91

Established Member
So sorry to hear about your loss, I know the feeling. We had to put our cat Sugar down last year. It was extremely tough for me because she was a year old when I was born so I grew up with that cat. She was 19. But as stated before, celebrate the times and the memories that you had with her.

On a side note our Vets cat had to be put down a few months ago. He said that she was going to be 31 in a few months and she was never sick a day in her life until two weeks before she died :uh oh:

Last edited:

Jaysin

Established Member
Thats odd with all the cats dying at around 20 yrs. I say that because our house (garage-outside) cat died about 3 weeks ago. She was also 20. I wasnt really hurt about it, I have known that cat my whole life, since im 20 aswell. She lived a great life of lounging and chillin out everyday. I was cutting grass, went and got the blower out to blow the leaves off the driveway, right as I was putting it up my grandmother stopped me and told me to grab the shovel. My grandfather put her in a bag, and I dug the hole, and put her to rest. She passed away on one the chairs on our deck.

Well, you know your cat had a good life, and you are putting it to rest.

Users who are viewing this thread