Having motion blur troubles with LED

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Bought an Insignia LED 1080p 120hz flat screen a few weeks ago and the motion blur is pretty bad. Does the quality of the HDMI cables effect this? Should I take the TV back?

Sirhc7897

Established Member
I just picked up a Sharp 60" LED (the 820un) a couple weeks ago. I have noticed that every now and then I might catch a hint of motion blur but nothing major. It is more noticable than on my 42" LCD but not sure if that's more related to size or the LED vs LCD....

Something I did notice: on the Sharp there is a setting for motion enhancement that is either 120hz high, 120hz low or off. I found that the motion seems much smoother with that setting in the "off" position. Not sure if you're TV has that set of variables?

It is my understanding that HDMI is HDMI. The cheap cables are as good as the high end cables and that all of that specialized HDMI cable crap is a rip-off...

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
I just turned the 120hz setting to low and it seems to make a signifigant difference. THanks for your input.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
I have a 46" Samsung LED 120hz and have not noticed any motion blur. Go to the store and look at a demo of your same TV to see if it does the same thing. If not, return it.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
shoulda got a plasma.

but i digress..... keep buying the force-fed consumer technologies.

*edit* - that came off really negative. im sure your TV is really nice, enjoy it.

Last edited:

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
Motion blur (at its most basic level) comes back to pixel response time.

What's the advertised PRT for your monitor?

And, No, the HDMI (and generally 'refresh rate') shouldn't affect motion blur.

Users who are viewing this thread