having electrical problem, car wont start

DarkShadowSnake

DarkShadowSnake
Established Member
Two days ago I was driving down the road and my AC and heat just stopped working. The temp blower motor didn't turn on. When I turned the AC on I can here the compressor kicking on but nothing was coming out. Today I checked all the fuses. Car was running fine when I pulled it into the shop. I found the #2 and #8 fuse were blown, both are for engine controls, which I have no idea what that means. So I put new fuses in both but on the #8 fuse it blew right when I turned the ignition on. After awhile I just decided to work on it tomorrow but when I went to start the car, nothing. Not a click or anything. I can start the car by bypassing through the engine compartment. The alt, starter, relays are all good. I don't understand why the car was running before and now doesn't start. I didn't do anything except replace the fuses.
I searched for 3 hours and couldn't find the problem. One thing I found was that with a test light on the #2 fuse slot (not on the fuse but with the fuse out) both holes light up so I know there is a short somewhere. The temp blower motor fuse is fine. Im really confused because I don't know what one has to do with the other. I'm still trying to figure out what the engine controls are so I know where to look. If anyone has any idea what it can be, or know what the engine controls are, please let me know. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread