Having a few problems with the car. Need a little help.

ndnblacksnake96

NewSnakeonthablock
Established Member
When I take off and get to about 3,000 to shift it feels like it idles real hard and the tach jumps about 1,000 more but then it drops back to where it is supposed to be and then when I get to cruising it will jump for a second then back? Whats could it be? Any answers? My next question was about my drivers' side seat it will not adjust. What could be wrong with that?

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
It is possible that it coule be a couple of things. The MAF, TPS, or AIC are my 3 guesses. I would clean the MAF then take off the AIC (Air Idle Control Valve) and see how dirty that it. The last thing that you really want to mess with is the TPS (throttle position sensor) because they are very sensative. I have that problem when it is cold outside. Once the car warms up then it is ok. I would keep an eye on it for the next few days and notes when it occurs. If the car is cold or warm, the time and temp of the day, etc then go from there.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Start with the IAC valve. Spray some TB cleaner in it and see what all comes out. Then if that doesn't help get some MAF cleaner from Advance and liberally spray it on the MAF. I am betting that it may be the IAC getting stuck due to buildup.

-Jeff

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
As far as your seat goes. The tracks go bad. My Cobra will not move up or down. It only goes forward and back. I sell the tracks a lot at my work.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
ndnblacksnake96 said:
Alright thanks for the input guys. I'll check it out. Any of you going to mustang week in Myrtle Beach, SC at the end of July?

I am going this year if it F#CKING kills me. If I have to fly down and rent a car I will be there.

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Start with the IAC valve. Spray some TB cleaner in it and see what all comes out. Then if that doesn't help get some MAF cleaner from Advance and liberally spray it on the MAF. I am betting that it may be the IAC getting stuck due to buildup.

-Jeff

+1

Users who are viewing this thread