Have you held off purchasing a new '13-14 Mustang because of the S550?

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Meh, I was at the dealer this weekend looking at 14s.........They have a used 13 gt500 with 4k miles and some very tasteful mods on the lot for 57k........been thinking about that one......

My biggest issue is....because of the altitude of where I live I prefer something boosted. N/A just takes WAY TOO MUCH of a hit up here. :( Might wait for a used 16 that someone supercharged already, but damn thats a long time to be without a mustang since im selling the mach. :/

Last edited:

Franchi

Established Member
Yep. Waiting on seeing the 15 in person and available engine before deciding. Up to that, or a Grabber Blue Boss 302 or Shelby GT500....

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Id say if the engines and drivetrains are the same i wouldn't be interested but if they released the 500 hp coyote soon then its worth looking at. You Still get the tranny from chinatown, unless you get an auto!

reason4treason

Established Member
i'll probably get my build schedule for my '14 tomorrow from Deysha, but if i found out 100% reliable info that the MY15 Mustang had something awesome to offer that i got seriously stoked about, i'd just let somebody else take my '14 order. as it stands my '14 should be here early Dec at the latest i'd guess and i don't see Ford releasing enough details by that time for it to be a deciding factor.

sight unseen, i would not drop my '14 in hopes that '15 will be off-the-chain.

actually i'm feeling more inclined by the day now to do this. i'm in at 1500 over invoice which is 2922 under msrp. if I do look for someone to take my vert order, expected to be built next Mon/Tues 11/04 I'll probably try to get 1000 above where I'm at. this is central Cali and there are still some dealers with 20K ADMs, so I probably won't have too difficult of a time if I do that.

RaceRedSnake

Established Member
No. I am not waiting to buy a new 2015 Mustang. I bought a 2014 GT500 at MSRP and am totally pleased with the GT500. I would be surprised to see how a 2015 Mustang would be better than the current GT500. The 2014 GT500 is dang near perfect.:)

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The articles, renderings, & leaked pics pushed me toward a 14 GT500. I would have really been pissed to wait on a 15, and find less than what I could have bought.
It won't be long till I find out if I was right or not:
" Ford has just officially announced that the 2015 Mustang will be revealed on Thursday, December 5th! "
ps90.jpg

Last edited:

RaceRedSnake

Established Member
The 2015 Mustang would have to be something really fast and special to cause anyone to trade in a GT500. Every time I pop the hood on my 2014 GT500 and look at that big engine, I think I am never going to trade it in on another car. What a work of art.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
My modded gt can out run and out handle a stock 13/14 gt-500 yet if i like the new 15 I will add 1 to the stable and keep my current car as well. I will get an automatic because I will not buy another mt-82!

ponygirl06

Established Member
The 2015 Mustang would have to be something really fast and special to cause anyone to trade in a GT500. Every time I pop the hood on my 2014 GT500 and look at that big engine, I think I am never going to trade it in on another car. What a work of art.

I'm planning on keeping my 2014 GT500 forever and whenever I drive it I think "Wow, I'm never going to sell this car". A few years ago I planned on buying a 2014 5.0 or waiting for a 2015 depending on what the 2015 looked like and what the specs where for 2015. I decided to get the Shelby instead because it is what I really wanted. My husband and I are in our forties and Mustangs can be hard to get in and out of, I always wanted a Shelby, I want to enjoy the car now because you never know what the future will bring, and I think there is a good chance engine size and horsepower will go down in the future. I can get a S550 in a few years and keep the Shelby as a fun toy.

It seems like a lot of people who aren't waiting for S550s have 2013 or 2014 GT500s.

14GT500Robert

Established Member
I waited

I held off getting the 2014 just yet, this is a very big purchase for me and at this price point I felt I wanted to make an informed decision.The showing of the new car on the 5th allows me to see the 2015 or still buy the 2014. Although I will probably end up with the 14, I would have hated myself for spending that kind of coin and really liking the new one, then losing a ton on trade in. I feel this gives me the best of all options. I am not super picky on color and want a fully loaded coupe so current built selection should not be a problem for me.

Established Member
The articles, renderings, & leaked pics pushed me toward a 14 GT500.

This.

Tho I would have loved to have an IRS out back, the renderings of what the car will probably look like sealed the deal for me. I can't stand it. Looks like an ugly 92' Celica. I had been seeing several renderings that would have been a home run IMO so I am not resistant to change.

I will take the live axle in my 2014 and do everything I can to make it a road carving beast.

IMHO

Subzero

Established Member
I am really tempted to purchase a 2014 GT since I am able to get $8k off MSRP. I know with the 2015s the best price I will probably be able to get is X-Plan. The carbon ceramic brakes, heated and cooled seats, ect are very tempting for me to wait for the 2015.

Where can you get $8000 off MSRP on a 14'? Can I get $8000 off a Base Auto or does it have to be a loaded up Premium to get that kind of discount?

2012GTCS

Established Member
Makes you nervous to get one too fast with them keeping the 5.0. I know they refreshed the engine but 15 will be the coyotes 5 MY. When will they change? But I dont see them going bigger, if anything, they will go smaller lol

Users who are viewing this thread