Have you guys seen this ? (Bolt on Cobra vs Nissan GTR )

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
Sorry if this is a repost but this is the first time I have seen it and I frequent you tube for race videos pretty often.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZj8Dhwrg8g"]YouTube - Nissan GTR vs Basic Bolt on Cobra[/ame]

Nice job Cobra :rockon:

17yrsofcollege

...Ohhh Boy
Established Member
Saw a GTR in person a few days ago...technologically very cool...interior...pretty cheesy

$79,000...i don't think so:shrug:

281cobra

Drive by poster
Established Member
Went to Youtube to read the comments. All the ricers are clearly butthurt over this video and coming up with all kinds of excuses.

Last edited:

16kOrBust

Established Member
Nice kill and death to the Cobra driver. Anyone know what the actual mods on the Cobra are? That GTR definitely pulled down low from the dig (yay warranty-voiding AWD) but the Cobra was coming back, just couldn't quite catch him before he let off. I'm guessing that Cobra was pulleyed and maybe ported?

BLOWNLS3

Established Member
Nice kill and death to the Cobra driver. Anyone know what the actual mods on the Cobra are? That GTR definitely pulled down low from the dig (yay warranty-voiding AWD) but the Cobra was coming back, just couldn't quite catch him before he let off. I'm guessing that Cobra was pulleyed and maybe ported?

I'm interested in finding this out as well. It says bolt ons and it did sound like an eaton and not a KB or Whipple so I would assume so.

flattusmaximus

Established Member
I highly doubt that was a ported cobra. The gtr didn't even use it's launch control. The gtr is a 118 car at best with launch control from what I've seen at orlando speedworld my local track. most full bolt on unported cobras go 118 if not more on a good tire.

16kOrBust

Established Member
I highly doubt that was a ported cobra. The gtr didn't even use it's launch control. The gtr is a 118 car at best with launch control from what I've seen at orlando speedworld my local track. most full bolt on unported cobras go 118 if not more on a good tire.

Ah, I didn't realize he didn't use launch control. Everyone says that makes a huge difference in their 1/4 ETs and traps, so it would make sense that it's just a pulleyed Cobra, not ported.

StangJason

Established Member
I'm interested in finding this out as well. It says bolt ons and it did sound like an eaton and not a KB or Whipple so I would assume so.

Yeah it did sound like an eaton to me also. Probably had similar mods to my own car. Didn't sound like the Cobra launched all that hard but when I launched mine hard it had the 315/35 17in Nitto Drag Radials under the rear.

earl lee

Established Member
Fill me in? Why is it voided?

Because of its black box that RECORDS EVERYTHING, and cannot be disable period.

I read about one guy having is warranty voided for using the traction control launch technique to many times, lol.

GTR tranny = 20k brand new. ouch, nice car but to much tech that cost an arm and a leg if it breaks.

Users who are viewing this thread