Have you guys ever..

EricfromMO

Established Member
had a moment in your life where you had all this stuff planned out to a T, then one unexpected moment crashed it all down to the ground? This is what im going through and its frustrating. I know i might be whinning, or even overreacting but.... this is just me and its really bugging me, so i need to put it into words, so bare with me. My story:

I was getting ready to move into a house with my buddy who just purchased a new house, and we were going to share rent and just have a good time. well me being the animal lover i am, i start looking for a dog because i feel i need a dog to have around and play with etc.. so i found these beautiful lab puppies a few hours away, they were born feb. 8th and would be ready to go to their new homes tomorrow or next weekend, so I was like thinking this is perfect, we were suppose to be moving in this weekend and then i can pick up the puppy i want the same weekend or weekend after. so threw down a deposit and picked out my pup. Through out the weeks, the owners send me pictures of her, and short vids, im getting excited as the time is near when i move and get her. well. My "roommate" started dating this girl and she completely brain washed him and decided that being with her and having her move in instead would be a much better idea then me. this all came to light this past week.

The reason that really bugs me, i had all this planned out and it all went to hell, Im not moving in with him anymore there for i can not to get the pup which kinda up-sets me. I feel embarrassed, terrible i feel have led these people on, And i have to tell them i can not get her anymore because i have no where to keep her. My APT does not allow pets and most if not all in area do not, so i cant just move into a new one, and houses are way to much money for me right now on my own. so im stuck. I know i should not have put all my eggs into one basket but i honestly didnt see this coming from a good friend of mine to kinda leave me out to dry(granted i cant be mad at him) but im mad at myself for the fact ive been talking to this couple about the pup for the past 6 wks, getting up dates and everything else. im sorry for sounding like a little girl but for some reason it just bugs the crap outta me. :shrug:

Last edited:

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
Been there done that...well kinda. Didn't involve a dog. But My roomate bailed on me to go live with a chick like a jackass.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Good thing it happened now and not later...count your blessings and move on now. You are smart to pass on the dog now, and the people should understand that you aren't getting the dog b/c you can't take care of it and if they are real animal lovers too, they will respect you for making the decision of you not getting the dog...Trust me man, it could be way worse, Imagine movin' in with the guy, plus your dog, and the guy lettin' that Brainwashin' Bitch move in...game over for you...
Move on and live another day

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
your friend is a douche. that sucks man. i'm sure those people will understand, it was out of your control. and if your buddy would do that to you then he shouldn't be your buddy in the first place. just my .02

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I'd have bailed on you too. What the hell are you thinking getting a lab to live in someone else's place? I don't understand the fascination with city people and big dogs. You don't have room for them. It would have destroyed your friend's lawn/yard (not to mention house) just like everybody I've ever seen with a big dog in the city.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
Roommates are a tough gig. I live in a house all by myself, despite the fact that I have too many friends to count. I've rocked the roommate thing for cheaper rent many times, but after countless living nightmares, I've learned that its well worth it to just fork over the rent yourself and live in peace.

As far as the dog owners man, just remind them that shit happens.

It also could be worse, much worse.

EricfromMO

Established Member
I'd have bailed on you too. What the hell are you thinking getting a lab to live in someone else's place? I don't understand the fascination with city people and big dogs. You don't have room for them. It would have destroyed your friend's lawn/yard (not to mention house) just like everybody I've ever seen with a big dog in the city.

He has a 2yr old yellow lab and was all for the pup so they could play, he had another house before so the yard and what they do is nothing new, his is trained, mine wouldnt be but no reason it couldnt learn. Before you come to these assumptions of city people and big dogs, that is not me. Ive lived in the country my whole life, had labs growing up. im not jumping into anything with un chartered waters. Also the house is on 5 acres.

JasonSnake

Established Member
I've had 4 roommates so far and only 1 bad experience. The best roommate I had was one I found on one of those roommate search websites and we had absolutely no probs in the apt. She was pretty cool.

I say search for a good roommie. Sometimes a girl roommate can be more reliable as well (like stated above).

Users who are viewing this thread