Have you ever walked out of a movie?

Adiabatik

Banned
It would be interesting to hear reasons/stories behind people walking out of movies, especially with the price of a ticket these days.

This can be a result of anything and everything. Anyone ever walk out because of a bad movie?

I personally don't go to the theaters much anymore. The majority of the reason lies in the fact that the general public simply does not know how to behave in a movie theater these days.

The last time I walked out of a movie was a few years back for Super 8. It was due to the idiots in the theater. I spent the first half of the movie....

...telling the parents of 5 kids behind me to please stop kicking my seat twice
...asking the group of teenage boys in front of me to stop talking about every damn thing that was happening.
...wishing an excruciatingly painful death for the douche waffle a few rows ahead that decided playing tetris on his phone was more entertaining than the movie
...finally, hoping that the mother of the constantly crying child in the back would walk out of the theater infertile.

I lost my temper, grabbed the girl I was with, and stormed out while yelling profanities and whatnot. Before I left, I got my money back AND a rain-check pass.

Planter

Banned
City Slickers 2. walked out and demanded a refund because the projector light kept failing and the screen just went black. who wants to watch a movie with that going on?

also walked out on Evita when I was 16, but i was pissed at the girl who lied to me about what the movie was about to get me to go watch it.

dajohu

Established Member
I have never walked out of a movie but the last one that came close was an animated movie and it was pretty bad. Something about a cat and french accents.

When I saw "Payback" in theatres a long a long time ago the guy I went with said it was "horrible". As of today it is one of my fav movies of all time...

Everyone likes different things so I can't ever judge by what other people like. Historically I tend to like movies that don't do well in theatres and hate the ones that do well.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Wanted to walk out on that long ass bore fest movie Cloud Atlas.
Only thing I found intriguing about that movie was the part where manufactured humans worked at fast food places. To maintain those manufactured humans, they were fed other manufactured humans.

oldmodman

Established Member
The first Predator movie.

The print had been damaged by the projector and was un-watchable.

The manager not only refunded my money but gave me two passes for the next time I went there.

Mulldune

Established Member
I would have walked out on Pearl Harbor , if I hadn't fallen asleep .

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member
when I was in the army, during my job 38 week job training, we were restricted to post but allowed to goto the movies. well one week I went and the movie "I heart huckabee's" was showing and I watched maybe 45 mins of it and decides barracks maintenance was more fun. I almost walked out on "the life aquatic with steve zizzou" but it was snowing and a long walk back to my barracks room.

peterlocal22

Established Member
last time I walked out of a movie was because I had spilled Diesel Fuel all over my boots earlier that day an my girlfriend couldn't take the odor for another second, lol. She almost threw up on the ride home.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Walked out of American Hustle about a month ago after 30 minutes. It was excruciatingly boring. First time I'd ever done that.

scott_0

Established Member
only movie I ever walked out of was many years ago, 2001 to be exact lol the movie was the Steven Segal flick Exit Wounds, girl I was dating at the time and I went to the theater and it was packed, we go in and find a seat, well the movie starts and there was folks smoking pot all around us, talking the entire time, yelling to one another, we lasted about 15min till we got disgusted and left. lol we ended up renting the movie when it was released, it was terrible anyways

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I personally don't go to the theaters much anymore. The majority of the reason lies in the fact that the general public simply does not know how to behave in a movie theater these days.

This is why we only go to the movies when kids are in school, maybe 3-4 in the afternoon, and after a movie has been in theaters for a month or more (to ensure the hype of a new movie is over). Usually there are no more than ten people in there with us.

Last edited:

vortecd

Established Member
I have never walk out of a movie since even if it seems boring there could be something that turns it around and makes it real good

Back in '96 went to see Crash more so just for the reason it was NC-17. It was only playing a one theatre that was 45 minutes away. There were less then 30 people in the theatre and half walked out. First time I have ever seen that many people leave a movie. I thought it was pretty good

Crash (1996) - Trailer 2 - YouTube

VegasMichael

Established Member
Walked out of some Bruce Willis romantic comedy in the 90s because I couldn't keep my hands and lips off the girl I was with and we ended up back in her apartment down the street and in her bedroom and....

Fade to black.

But I honestly haven't been to a theater in almost ten years. I have too many cable movie channels to bother being at a theater in a dark room with a bunch of strangers.

Last edited:

jbs$

Established Member
I have walked out of many movies. Once that I have sorted out that I have wasted my money, I don't compound the problem by wasting more of my time.

Users who are viewing this thread