Have these cars ever been cool?

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Has anyone here EVER seen a cool looking one? All the good stuff was in them in the 80's-90s. Should have been popular, but no one ever does them up?

lincoln-continental-mkvii-05-image_5580a.jpg

If anyone has photos of some nice ones post em up

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
I haven't seen a whole lot of restored Lincoln Continentals like the one you posted, but Lincoln hit some home runs in the 90s. The Lincoln Mark VIII was a solid car, quick with its 32v DOHC V8, and airshocks. It was innovative and interesting... something I don't see with Lincoln today.

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
They are great cars. I have a few MN12's and still have a 95 tbird back home. Had all different kinds of mustangs and thunderbirds. For some reason all these cars were popular and i have never seen a Mark VII that was modded like the other ford offerings. Most were kept stock.

Only asking as i found a japan import that is a 89 and its almost brand new with a grey interior. Can these things look cool? Slam it on big wheels and dechrome it? Never even seen one built to a high standard before

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
I saw one pass my work one day and pull behind into a shop. Sadly I was bored and followed him. gladly I did. Cool old dude who road raced / daily drove his. Car was straight NASTY.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
That's sweet! in my whole life and 15 years on car forums i have never seen one that wasn't just a drop with wheels.

Thats super cool. Wish there was more pics

I can get more, the owner of the car was more than happy to show it off to me and let me take pictures. He didn't open the doors tho cause he was working on his lightning and I didn't want to just help myself. lol.

95riosnake

Established Member
I will admit I didn't have much hope when I opened this thread, but that blacked out one made me a believer. That thing is pretty awesome, definitely the first time I've seen one of those cars with the pro touring treatment. Hats off to that guy for thinking outside the box a bit!

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
Lincoln has made many great cars.
But the Mark Viii was exceptional
Me and my father lĩkes them,does it show?
391551_10151042830531236_2147002547_n.jpg

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
I will admit I didn't have much hope when I opened this thread, but that blacked out one made me a believer. That thing is pretty awesome, definitely the first time I've seen one of those cars with the pro touring treatment. Hats off to that guy for thinking outside the box a bit!

No expenses were spared besides paint. He said it wasn't complete cause it was still in its primer stage but he was anxious to drive it. It had big brakes with vents too. I wish I could have gotten better pics of the dimple die cage and the wheels were really nicely matched with the car. Did not expect him to own it that's for sure.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
love the mark VII's, and the mark VIII's. especially the LSC.

mn12's are still a soft spot for me as well. my SC is still my favorite car i've owned.

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Lincoln has made many great cars.
But the Mark Viii was exceptional
Me and my father lĩkes them,does it show?
391551_10151042830531236_2147002547_n.jpg

I'll take the fox bird at the end thanks.

There is a blue on blue 87 tbird, 5.0 for sale here. 15k miles. He wants 24k and wont budge. I know the last owner and he sold it for 11k.

Thats the extent of the FOX birds in this country.

Users who are viewing this thread