Have the 13 clutch, slave and tranny changed

backinastang

Established Member
Just wondering if FORD really did improve the 13 tranny and will the parts fit on mine. I had mine rebuilt with 3,500 miles on it and it still grinds from 1-2 if I try and shift quickly over 5,500 rpms. It's a bit better but not right. Most wouldn't notice it because you shift slowly to start off (not hating). I could blow through the gears in my 2011 M6 GT but gotta slow it down a bit on my GT500. After the rebuild, I'm thinking it might be the slave cylinder or the clutch. They replaced 1-3 synros. It's funny 3rd was flawless before the rebuild and now it grinds a bit as well.

I've had probably 15 plus manuals and never had a shifting issue like this until I spent the big bucks and bought a GT500. :fm:

My 2000 SS had a shitty slave and had to do a drill mod. Hoping theres a fix for this problem soon.

WHT03SVTCOLO

Established Member
Im in the same boat dealer replaced 1-2 syncro's but still grinds! I asked the dealer to put in '13 parts and they say they can't unless Ford authorizied it. But from everything I found there are definite improvements on the '13 tranny and shifter + clutch.

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
They all are TOTALLY different in the 2013. Slave, master, clutch, and transmission gear ratios are different.
I dont know if any of them will fit yet in the 2011-2012 but I would love the 13 trans in my 12. The first gear in the 2012 is just useless.

Last edited:

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
I think the spline on the input shaft if different so you will need a need a new clutch.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Check out Rockland Standard Gear, they have the same ratio as the '13 as an optional ratio for the Tremec. If I was going to have mine rebuilt with the 2.66 first gear, that's who would do it. It's just not a priority yet.

Another item I would replace is the clutch line. Joe Heck Racing has a braided stainless line that should eliminate any line flex from hydraulic pressure while working the clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread