Have some questions about buying a 2016 GT350

mitchster

Established Member
I see one for sale at a good price. It has only 4000 miles. I checked the recall site and this car vin shows no recall notice. What questions should I be asking when I go there? What about a test ride what should I be looking for? I did send an email about this GT350 on whether the engine oil cooler tube aasembly been replaced. Thanks, Mitch

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
If you plan on tracking it, dont buy the base or electronics pack car. Track pack or bust.

Check the rear pumper for "bumper sag".

Check the front splitter to make sure it is seated properly.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Even if you don't plan on tracking the car, make sure it has the track package option. It will be worth more down the road and you won't be tempted to start a class action lawsuit when you find out the base and tech versions lay down and die after 10-15 minutes on a road course track due to overheating caused by the lack of the additional oil coolers that are part of the track package.

mitchster

Established Member
If you plan on tracking it, dont buy the base or electronics pack car. Track pack or bust.

Check the rear pumper for "bumper sag".

Check the front splitter to make sure it is seated properly.

Yes I read about the rear bumper sag and about the front splitter be installed improperly. Thanks

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
IMG_1437.jpg

I don't see what the big deal is. Basically the rear bumper is very tight at the 35 degree up angle and show mm spacing at the taillight. Some say it's sagging. Some may have space than wanted at light.

Smm7PT

Established Member
I have a friend who is a service department manager/ also his dad is best friends with the owner of the same dealership and he told me Ford has a recall for GT350 Base/Tech in the works.
I have another friend that has tracked his base and has yet to experience limp mode, nor has he had any complaints of Overheating on the highway. However he is not the original owner and I never asked him if the original owner had the 3k cooler upgrade done, I should probably mention he bought
his for 45k off the original owner's son after he passed, and the son is a drug addict who wasn't in to cars and from what I gather needed money for his next fix. Funny how people walk in to great deals like that, too bad I'm never that guy, I just hear about them.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
What he said, o_O
Even if you don't plan on tracking the car, make sure it has the track package option. It will be worth more down the road and you won't be tempted to start a class action lawsuit when you find out the base and tech versions lay down and die after 10-15 minutes on a road course track due to overheating caused by the lack of the additional oil coolers that are part of the track package.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have a friend who is a service department manager/ also his dad is best friends with the owner of the same dealership and he told me Ford has a recall for GT350 Base/Tech in the works.
I have another friend that has tracked his base and has yet to experience limp mode, nor has he had any complaints of Overheating on the highway. However he is not the original owner and I never asked him if the original owner had the 3k cooler upgrade done, I should probably mention he bought
his for 45k off the original owner's son after he passed, and the son is a drug addict who wasn't in to cars and from what I gather needed money for his next fix. Funny how people walk in to great deals like that, too bad I'm never that guy, I just hear about them.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I highly doubt Ford would announce a recall at this moment, but hey, what do I know.

OP, are you looking at the black/black car with 4600 miles?

Smm7PT

Established Member
I highly doubt Ford would announce a recall at this moment, but hey, what do I know.

OP, are you looking at the black/black car with 4600 miles?[/QUOTE]

It is apparently in the works, but will mostly likely follow class action lawsuit outcome. Selected service department managers should be receiving more information by weeks end.
So most likely nothing will be done for months...

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It is apparently in the works, but will mostly likely follow class action lawsuit outcome. Selected service department managers should be receiving more information by weeks end.
So most likely nothing will be done for months...

I just spoke with our regional rep, there is not a recall in the works or even talked about regarding the 2016 Tech Pack cars as far as cooling goes.

rambler358

Established Member
I just got a recall notice in the mail from Ford for my '16 GT350 Tech Pack. They have the fix available and it's about replacing the oil cooler lines.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member

Agreed. This is a one-year issue. I can't see a recall over such a small quantity of cars. How many tech cars were built? From those, how many owners are actually AWARE they are supposed to be mad about this issue? Most tech owners are cranking their tunes after turning on the bun cooler seats and cruising around the highway.

And if you want to track it, go spend $3K on the kit and you are good to go.

Tom

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just got a recall notice in the mail from Ford for my '16 GT350 Tech Pack. They have the fix available and it's about replacing the oil cooler lines.
Not the same thing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

CO Mack

Established Member
Don't buy a 2016 Tech hoping you're going to get the Track coolers for free...that's a recipe to be disappointed.

I still see this car with no bids at $50,000.00. Only three days left on eBay. The car only has 3,800 miles. Why no bidders?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Ford-M...ash=item5445726c93:g:jaAAAOSw4CFY3tn2&vxp=mtr
Mitch

Because the poseurs think the Track pack will make them a track hero, and the Tech buyers are all fat old men who don't care about performance? Seems to be the forum refrain...

Very few GT350s are actually going to see the track, and those that do are still going to do the majority of their miles on the street.

While I've been vocal it's annoying Ford stuck 2016 Tech owners with a trans swap when they told us all we'd need was an optional cooler kit, if you want the tech "stuff", and can get a better deal on a Tech, there's no reason not to buy a Tech and plan to buy $3200 in parts if you plan the odd trackday. Right now, you might be able to get a Tech enough cheaper that you save money doing it this way. I think in time the market will correct itself on this as it's being blown way out of proportion.

Last edited:

Smm7PT

Established Member
I just spoke with our regional rep, there is not a recall in the works or even talked about regarding the 2016 Tech Pack cars as far as cooling goes.

Told you there was a recall, I just need to listen better. I assumed it was for coolers, it's just for the lines. I wasn't misinformed, just misheard, or ASSumed.

Users who are viewing this thread