Have car on stands....

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
I have my 96 cobra on stands right now. I was only glong to replace all the rotors and pads , but i figured since i have my car on stands go ahead and do what is need under the car!!! so lets see new shocks (blistens dont know which ones though) struts (blisten again i think) mm control arms...do i need upper???? oh h&R springs...do i get front also or just back? What about k member and front control arms? I still dont know what are the best subframe conn. to get. (do i get them welded on? i heard thats the way to do it) I think thats all i came up with......If i need anything else pls let me know.,,,,i have alot of time for this so i need all the info as possible pls....My friend and I will be installing everything expect my 4.30s......sorry so long....

Thx vick :coolman:

jdogwelch

Established Member
Have you considered or have you already painted your calipers??
I think it looks pretty nice when they are colored. Next time I have mine up for a while I am gonna do that.
JW

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
jdogwelch said:
I think it looks pretty nice when they are colored. Next time I have mine up for a while I am gonna do that.
JW
i want too....dont know what color yet??

xxxcobra

Factory Freak
Established Member
Vick said:
I have my 96 cobra on stands right now. I was only glong to replace all the rotors and pads , but i figured since i have my car on stands go ahead and do what is need under the car!!! so lets see new shocks (blistens dont know which ones though) struts (blisten again i think) mm control arms...do i need upper???? oh h&R springs...do i get front also or just back? What about k member and front control arms? I still dont know what are the best subframe conn. to get. (do i get them welded on? i heard thats the way to do it) I think thats all i came up with......If i need anything else pls let me know.,,,,i have alot of time for this so i need all the info as possible pls....My friend and I will be installing everything expect my 4.30s......sorry so long....

Thx vick :coolman:

I say go with bilstein or tokcio 5 ways struts an stocks, springs it depends if you want the slammed look or something with weight transfer for the drag strip.
control arms if you have the money get the lower MM an the Ford Racing uppers.
For the front control arms get the stock 03/04 cobra M-3075-D
On the subframes the MM's are pretty good.

Last edited:

S.C.L.A.98COBRA

Established Member
jdogwelch said:
JW

How Difficult is it to paint the calipers? I was thinking about painting mine Chrome Yellow...

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
Money is not an issue at all......and I wish i had won the lott!!!!..lol......

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
get some bassani midlenths to finish up the exhaust. this way you can keep the midpipe you have now. If you buy longtubes, you need a new midpipe. While the cars up on stands, do all the brakes, paint the calipers(very easy), put in some new vall joints, install some eibach spotlines springs, KYB shocks/struts, put in some MM upper and lower control arms, some MM SFC's, and reaplce all the bushings and trans/motor mounts w/ urethane ones. that should do for now. O yeah, youll also need some MM caster/camber plates to get the suspension geometry right. that shouldnt cost too much, LOL. have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread