Have an opportunity to trade my 00R brakes for a 14" GT500 kit. Too much? Good upgrade?

scottydsntknow

Established Member
As the title states. I can do a straight trade of my 2000 R front brakes for a FTR GT500 big brake kit with GT500 4 piston calipers.

I'd like to do it if it'll be a worthwhile upgrade but I don't want to put too much front bias on the car if that'll be a problem.

Thx

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think there's some discussion in the terminator forum about it. Is that the kit that needs spacers for the rims to clear?

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Yeah I talked to a guy who autocrosses and while they work they increase the front track 1.5", I might have to roll fenders and my wheels might not even fit so... no go.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'd get a purpose built set. The GT500 4-pistons aren't all that and not worth the addition work you'd have to do to force them to fit. I'm ditching the ones on my '08 GT500 for the GT350R fronts. I was never impressed with the factory 4-piston Brembo brakes.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Honestly the 00R Brembos don't stop as well as the regular Cobras under normal stop and go. However, if I stomp on the brakes they work REAL well lol. Why I was thinking maybe these would work better but already found out they'd be a PITA to make work plus probably would feel the same.

Users who are viewing this thread