Have a question for ALL....

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
Want to know what would be the BEST bang for your $$$ (Keeping it under $3k and then $5k)

Heres whats going on. There is a talk about a challenge and we are trying to come up with a DD car that will be driven to and from the track. (NO Race cars just bolt ons here. Has to be NO LBS reduction). We want it to be a s197bone stock. What mods would you go with?
Im just trying to get some Ideas for the mods to put on our car!

LSUstang05

Established Member
Best bang for your buck for the S197, hands down, is a Cold Air Intake and tune of some sort. You can easily net 40rwhp from it (assuming it's a manual dynoing at 270 and end result is 310~). If it's for a race of sorts, I had shorty headers, off-road h pipe, cai, and a canned tune from diablo to turn off the rear O2 sensors and ran a 12.9@108.

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
I could really tell you, cause my first mod was a 2.3 Whipple....... To me that is the best bang for the buck!! :rockon:

hottcobra

wish I had a terminator
Established Member
best bang for me was gears and spray. don't do shorty headers they are a waste on the s197. get LTs or spend the money somewhere else

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
Its for a Shop Challenge. We are going with Gears, Spray, O/R Exhaust, Upper/Lower CR's, CAI, Pulleys, Shifter, and Springs + Tune.
Thats about it!

Oman_cobra

Established Member
id say, full exhasut with LT's, CAI + tune, gears, tires, heads + cams, & the new C&L 3V intake manifold

you could reach near 380 rwhp

Users who are viewing this thread