Have a Brembo stang, what springs? (other than 55D)

ponygrrl

Lethal Performance Rep.
Established Member
Nice!!!..You have any more pics?

Most are not with the black wheels/vents but I do have lowered pics.
268138_10151407314276060_844178354_n.jpg

DSC_0662_zps1ab37298.jpg

DSC_0394_zps3812f010.jpg

DSC_0392_zps68ff8298.jpg

Did you guys notice any performance lost with the springs? That's the thing, don't want to loose the "edge" I have over other mustang. Don't want to go down in performance lol

Nope, no performance lost.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Did you guys notice any performance lost with the springs? That's the thing, don't want to loose the "edge" I have over other mustang. Don't want to go down in performance lol

Why is it not advise to use stock shocks/struts with lowering spring (1.25) for 1.5+ I can see it. Plus no one makes struts for 11 yet only ford racing.
I didn't during my daily driving. I don't race my car at the track (strip of road course) but it definitely handles better, and seems to better plant the power to the ground, minus the wheel hop.

Short answer is you will likely have the "pogo" affect as the stock struts/shocks cannot properly dampen springs with an increased rate. Even on a stock spring setup the dampers are considered marginal at best. Koni does now make 2011+ specific struts, although they are frequently out of stock. I believe other companies do now as well.

I would also purchase the Ford Motorsport jounce bumper set(M-5570-A). They are very cheap and there is no effective way to trim the fronts anyway. Not to mention, cutting them is defeating the purpose of having them there in the first place.
I am still running stock struts (second set, long story), but I plan to upgrade to fully adjustable struts this summer. Will I need the jounce kit for the aftermarket struts, or would they already come with such a thing?

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Will I need the jounce kit for the aftermarket struts, or would they already come with such a thing?

They didn't come with the Koni's and I've never heard of any other brand including them either. They really have more to do with the drop springs than struts although both would come into play. But I've purchased Steeda and FM springs and neither came with the bumpers. The FM springs did at least come with shortened dust boots.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
They didn't come with the Koni's and I've never heard of any other brand including them either. They really have more to do with the drop springs than struts although both would come into play. But I've purchased Steeda and FM springs and neither came with the bumpers. The FM springs did at least come with shortened dust boots.

Well I guess I will make sure to purchase them when I upgrade struts.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Why is there no effective way to cut down the front bumpstops?

Because they are hollow (unlike the rears) and designed to mushroom out on compression. You essentially have to cut away 1 1/2 of material to remove this "bubble" and then all you're left with is 3/4" of material.

And you can't cut from the other side as only the top 1/3" or so is designed to grab the strut. Remove this and the stop will just ride up & down on the shaft.

BumpStop_zpsfe93cfb5.gif

Fun4me

Established Member
Ford Motorsport jounce bumper set(M-5570-A), they seem to be the same size/height just softer. Is that going to be enough for a car thats lowered 1.5" in the front. Or is there another solution.(for the front)

Also, where can you order the shorter dustboots for the front struts?

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Last edited:

Fun4me

Established Member
Eibach also sells the bump stops and boots. This is a list of bump stops they offer but would certainly suggest giving them a call to discuss what's best:

Eibach Mobile Phone

FYI, this is what they include in some of their Mustang kits:
Eibach Mobile Phone

Eibach also offers the dust boots and this is the part# that's included with the FR coils:
Front Dust Boot 770041

Thanks for the info.

Is there a vendor that sells the correct front bumpstop and dust boot?

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Any Eibach dealer can order the parts. Try stranoparts.com and if he's not helpful I would just call Eibach direct or search their dealer locator.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Latemodel sells the FRPP jounce bump kit. Only like $45 I think. Plus the SVTP discount

That kit (M-5570-A) should be about $30 shipped all over the place.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Actually, if you want to have a hardcore conversation call Maximum Motorsports as they are a Eibach dealer as well. They can really get into the specifics regarding suspension setup on a Mustang and are usually happy to talk tech.

Last edited:

Fun4me

Established Member
The frpp kit is the same size, but softer? The eibach kit is actually a differant size and/or trimmable?

Is the shorter dust boot neccesary? Or can I just reuse my stock boot?

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
The frpp kit is the same size, but softer?
Yes

The eibach kit is actually a differant size and/or trimmable?
They have a variety of sizes available, couldn't tell you which is best for your springs.

Is the shorter dust boot neccesary? Or can I just reuse my stock boot?
No idea but Ford included a shorter one for a reason. Call FRPP hotline and ask.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I have the H&R Super Sports with the Brembo/Track Pack. I love the way it sits and the ride is still smooth. Obviously it's a little stiffer but nothing like my 03 was. Still comfortable to drive.

430849_10151404483791060_1749975274_n.jpg

And when did you get one of these?! its been a long time since ive seen you on the boards!!! btw any abnormal tire wear they look a bit cambered out

Last edited:

ponygrrl

Lethal Performance Rep.
Established Member
And when did you get one of these?! its been a long time since ive seen you on the boards!!! btw any abnormal tire wear they look a bit cambered out

Haha, a couple months ago. It is cambered, I just dropped it. Letting them settle and then installing the camber bolts and getting it aligned. :)

Users who are viewing this thread