Have 3k To Mod New L

KICKDOFFTHETOUR

Established Member
Haev Some Ideas In Mind But Would Like To Hear Some Of Yours Aswell- Buyn A Lightning In Jan. From A Friend Of A Friend- Clean Truck And It S 100% Stock- I Will Have Apprx 3,000 To Spend On Mods- What Do You Guys Recommend For Me To Do - Thanks...

L YEAH

Established Member
Kenne Bell and a tune. With 3k I'd skip all the little things and go for the best mod out there.

edit: Congrats on the new truck, and welcome to SVTperformance! Check out the FAQ thread at the top of the page.

Lightning_Bolt

2002 Lightning
Established Member
Laser98SVT said:
Kenne Bell and a tune. With 3k I'd skip all the little things and go for the best mod out there.
edit: Congrats on the new truck, and welcome to SVTperformance! Check out the FAQ thread at the top of the page.

+1

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
Read the newbies faq, and search, that's what that buttons for, not getting on you, but you can go fast on the cheap. Just read all you can and then after about 6 months, you can make a better, more cost effective way to spend your money.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
fishin-nole said:
Read the newbies faq, and search, that's what that buttons for, not getting on you, but you can go fast on the cheap. Just read all you can and then after about 6 months, you can make a better, more cost effective way to spend your money.
+1 ;-)

L YEAH

Established Member
ACSVT said:
I wouldn't. I'd get all the proper supporting mods first.

Other than going built at the same time as a KB, if I had the 3 grand I'd get the blower upgrade and then when a spare 3-400 bucks came along I add the supporting mods to it then.

He might not come across another 3 grand to do a KB for quite a while.

But then, truth be told, if it were me I'd probably use 2k of it as a better down payment and use 1k for BPU. :burnout:

lightning666

Established Member
I would go with the KB and a tune first, and then slowly add the supporting mods cuz it is easier to dish out 200 to 400 at a time than 3000.

Black00Bolt

Come get some!!
Established Member
nastynivek said:
Take your money and pay for an elementary level English class. They'll teach you when to use capital letters.:poke:
take it easy, thats what happens when your caps lock is on. i didnt realize it and caught shit on one of my threads.:rollseyes

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
lower pulley,tune, FTVB, traction device, intake, bedrug, guages, brakes, lower it. Once you get used to the power get the KB and tune. The supporting mods are key parts of going fast. Other than that I'd hate to see you get the KB then toast the motor, then be SOL needing a new motor. Use hte rest of the money to pay down the truck or continue to save for a whipple. I have owned two Lightnings and this is the route I went with zero problems. Just my .02 and understand the forum here is super supportive nad good group. Welcome

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
Depending On How Fast You Want To Go. If You Want A 450hp-500hp Truck Just Get A Kb & A Good Tune. If You Want More Than 500 Hp & Like To Race, Build The Motor.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm going to mod my truck soon and I'm planning to get Headers, exhaust and add some more Boost. Under 3 grand and should make my truck a lot faster. :burnout:

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Headers are a royal PITA and are not really worth the $$ and time until you have a built motor imo. Get a valve body upgrade at the very least...best bang for the buck imo. There is the Factoiry Tech Valve Body and LFP or JLP has one too if I am not mistaken.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
kb and tune with out the supporting mods = another 5K+ he'll need after he blows the motor.

a tune is only as good as the fuel system and MAf can handle.once thats peged i dont care who tuned it. youll be venting the block.

id go with a tuner with custom tune, 4lb lower, twin 255's (not so much needed now but good to have if and when he goes bigger) , a SCT MAF or MAFia, intake setup and cat back. lowering shackles and traction bars

if you do the work yourself youll come in under 3K if you get some good deals on used parts.

and on street tires with a good launch and good tune youll run 12's and have a nice setup that you wont have to worry about a vented block

Users who are viewing this thread