Hau Thai Tang I know you are there.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
HTT, I know that you read these boards often, I also know that more than a few of the other people incharge of the SVT line read so I wanted to say a few things on the behest of your target audience...your customers.

I, like so many were extremely impressed with the GT-500 prototype. We loved it the minute it's pictures were posted up back in March (I completely forgot to study for a Physics Exam because I was in awe). As of late there have been a some very alarming changes. Of those the most troublesome was the reversion back to the eaton blower. I am not going to complain about these issues like so many have done about the lack of IRS, because I have faith, but I have a few simple requests I would like to make as I know you listen and even admit to reading here.

1. Keep the Shelby stuff on the car, but don't raise the price. I don't want this to be another Saleen issue. When you tell me that it is a Shelby Mustang...I don't want to have to pay extra for it to have Shelby stuff unless he signed the car personally. This has not been finalized but I feel that it warrants a good solid opinion.

2. Please stop changing the body of the car. The prototype was just that, but there is no reason why we can't have a similar aerodynamic package. I don't want to see the hood get changed in favor of a unit with fake scoops, anymore than you said you won't put fake scoops on the 1/4 windows. (Snakebite)I'll say it again...No Non-Functional Scoops or Vents! ...they are classless, cheesy & ricey.

3. If you you are going to give us a motor with an Eaton I would assume that you will continue the build quality that came with the 03-04 year model power plants. I will not buy a car that is crippled from the factory by having lightning internals. Again, these have been rumors but I feel it very important to say: Manly= Good....Lightning= no sale.

4. If possible, give us the ablity to add or swap in our SRA for an optional IRS. I think it would be a very cool move to make it an option for people how want to swap in their SRA for a core and then an added fee. I realize that this is asking more than can be done, and is more than likely not going to happen..but hey it is an idea.

5. Thanks for listening to us, I like to know that you pay attention to us, but maybe use posts like this to get some of these things done?

6.(Broeli) Make sure it weighs no more than 3600lbs..that'd make me happy. A great point worth noting there. Lets try not to make this thing any more of a pig than it has to be.

7. The 4 piston calipers are a great and welcomed additon. Lets keep the Brembo 14" Rotors with the 4 pot calipers...I fell like this is the key to keeping this car versitle and not making it just another heavy hard to stop muscle car.

8. Lets see some interior upgrades like that of which was seen in the concept. I realize that it can't be the same due to cost, but some cool seats like the Terminators got would be cool...I think everyone likes the idea of suede inserts and maybe a little stitched leather.

I feel like I speak for everyone here when I say thank your for giving us this car. We are happy about having it but, I think there are some rumors, mis-truths, and changes that need to be brought out in the open. So many times we get caught up with complaining that we forget to ask. I am asking that you look at what I have written and what the others will write below me and take it heavly into consideration. For me this may be the single most important car; I plan on spending my first paycheck after I graduate from college on this car and I think that is saying something right there. All I ask is that you deliver on your word and not let the bean counters or anyone else change what we recieve in the end.

Sincerely,

(Not the Atomic Wedgie guy...but I might be if things change more :D :beer: )

Michael Whitten

Guys lets here your ideas. I will edit my list for anthing that I left out. Take this as your chace to consolodate your thoughts, wishes, complaints and complements. HTT is reading as well as everyone else at Ford...let them know.

Last edited:

broeli

Established Member
6. Make sure it weighs no more than 3600lbs..that'd make me happy :thumbsup:

COBRA CRUIZER

Established Member
I agree! The 2005 Mustang concept had a awesome hood and front end. The production hood is boring. Mustang gt or not, uses the same hood.
The GT 500 concept looks awesome as is. That's the car I want. 19" wheels, Functional hood, Striped with Shelby lettering on the rear. Exactly how it 1st was shown to the public. All the goodies!

crazyhorse06

Established Member
I agree and have been considering a similar topic. Thank you for starting it.

Please don't change the look of the car. The body styling is perfect. I loved the hood, it was one of the first features that excited me. the interior should also remain unchanged. The leather is a nice touch we have not seen in a Mustang. I'd be proud to show off that fine leather interior.

I understand the necessary changes. If Lysholm cannot provide the blowers, then that is a legitimate reason (although I would have preferred a twin screw). IRS not providing a cost effective difference, understandable. 18" wheels, ok by me. Fake hood scoops, not acceptable. Cheaping down the car in any other way, not acceptable. I am first on a list at my favorite dealership. I don't want to wait another year only to be disappointed and end up buying a Corvette.

G. El Dorado

Established Member
Dear HTT,

The concept GT500 was awesome and I loved everything about it. I didn't give a f-ck about the lack of IRS, the weight or the price. I would've been one of the 1st people to own one in 06 if you just left it like it was. But you couldn't leave it like it was, you just had to go and f-ck it up. First you replaced the twin screw blower with a pos eaton and that really upset me but I could live with it, then you replaced the 19's with 18's, changed the brakes, took away all the extra leather, removed the front splitter, removed the rear diffuser and put fake scoops on the hood. After all that I said forget it because that's a straight up bait and switch. Also you have another year until this car goes into production and at the rate you're changing stuff on it I wouldn't be a damn bit surprised if it ends up being a faggotty ass V6 with a decal package. So screw you HTT, screw Ford and screw Shelby for letting this happen. When 06 rolls around my money is going to GM.

Sincerely,
George El Dorado

P.S. I hope your bitch ass burns in hell driving a Kia

Paleoc

Established Member
"2. Please stop changing the body of the car. The prototype was just that, but there is no reason why we can't have a similar aerodynamic package. I don't want to see the hood get changed in favor of a unit with fake scoops, anymore than you said you won't put fake scoops on the 1/4 windows."

NO Fake scoops! Not on the windows, not on the hood!

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
G. El Dorado said:
Dear HTT,

The concept GT500 was awesome and I loved everything about it. I didn't give a f-ck about the lack of IRS, the weight or the price. I would've been one of the 1st people to own one in 06 if you just left it like it was. But you couldn't leave it like it was, you just had to go and f-ck it up. First you replaced the twin screw blower with a pos eaton and that really upset me but I could live with it, then you replaced the 19's with 18's, changed the brakes, took away all the extra leather, removed the front splitter, removed the rear diffuser and put fake scoops on the hood. After all that I said forget it because that's a straight up bait and switch. Also you have another year until this car goes into production and at the rate you're changing stuff on it I wouldn't be a damn bit surprised if it ends up being a faggotty ass V6 with a decal package. So screw you HTT, screw Ford and screw Shelby for letting this happen. When 06 rolls around my money is going to GM.

Sincerely,
George El Dorado

I take it you're not going to get one then??? :D

-RR

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
I'll say it again...No Non-Functional Scoops or Vents! :nono: ...they are classless, cheesy & ricey. :nonono:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
G. El Dorado said:
Dear HTT,

Sincerely,
George El Dorado

Where are you getting the information that says that these parts AREN'T on the production car?

jshen

Established Member
Damn Man

G. El Dorado said:
Dear HTT,

Sincerely,
George El Dorado

Don't sugar coat it...tell us how you really feel. :poke:

I might add, I'm looking elsewhere as well...too many changes, blower, brakes and hood...I took my name off the list at my dealership...

snatchss454

Established Member
Where are you guys getting these changes from? I read they changed to 18's because traction was non-existent. Nothing about brakes or hood or interior. Im sorry, but George El Dorado you took this post from something that was intended to be more of a professional one and really took a big $hit on it. Not like your opinion doesnt matter but cmon a little tact in your approach would have gone over better.
Shane

crazyhorse06

Established Member
snatchss454 said:
Where are you guys getting these changes from? I read they changed to 18's because traction was non-existent. Nothing about brakes or hood or interior. Im sorry, but George El Dorado you took this post from something that was intended to be more of a professional one and really took a big $hit on it. Not like your opinion doesnt matter but cmon a little tact in your approach would have gone over better.
Shane
I agree. I am totally serious about this thread and hope that HTT, et. al. will take it seriously. They want to hear their customers voices, they will hear them here. Even the unprofessional ones.

As far as the hood goes, a couple of mags have reported hood changes including nonfunctional scoops. If you look at the 2 pics of the GT500 vert we have seen (the red and LL ones), the hood is definitely different. IT looks like the indentations are gone and replaced with flush black plastic "grills." I have not heard of any brake changes. The interior was mentioned in a previous article, I don't remember which one.

As said before, if you are listening, these changes are a big deal to most of us. Please don't change that car. We loved it as is.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Blue Poison said:
Are there new photos of the production model? Geez, I've missed allot lately. Someone please provide a link?

Thanks
try this one.

Look between HTT and CS. The hood looks like it has a cheap black plastic tacked on grill.

also this one

Look at the first pic. Again, looks like cheap add on

Last edited:

venams03

Established Member
Wow...same here. If this keeps up and those changes are fact, I'm also looking at GM (vette) and that's a true shame because I am definitely a "blue oval" guy.

R1Lello

Established Member
:eek:

Hmmm..............no stripes on that photo beyond the hood or beyond the trunklid..........I hope the stripes go all the way down the front and rear bumpers like the prototype.
For me, the original showcar hood needs to stay and the whipple would be extra nice. I accept the 18's, 19's too ricey for me, and I accept the rear brake change
For all of you responding, if you have deposits down, isn't it too early to pull them away?? We're 5-6 months from the unveiling in Detroit in January. My deposit is staying for now.........

Last edited:

jshen

Established Member
I took my name off the list for a reason

I want the dealer...and I told the guys, THEY need to contact Ford. If Ford see's their buyers getting anxious...they may just go back to the show car like we all wanted.

I still don't buy the availability issue with the twin screw...There was another reason..ANY vendor worth supplying Ford...would have 7000 units done...Hell they had a year..The hood? It's damned amazing that they would even consider changing that....

Also, it's more than a Shelby 500 thing here...If Ford screws this up like GM...we may see the best muscle car era go right down the toilet..That's where the GTO is headed...and the big 3 might follow and say it's not worth the trouble or [as with the GTO ] losses.

Pension funds at issue here..and Ford had better get it right..Hear us HTT?

Users who are viewing this thread