Hate Rasp? Do what I did....

tomcat

Forever Foxbodys
Established Member
I loved the x pipe sound above ~3800 rpm, but hated the tinny rasp sound in the 2000 - 2500 range, and decided it was time for a change. I went with the Mac Prochamber and could not have been happier - rasp is gone, and the sound is a deeper, muscle car type of sound. Also, the x pipe made my termi sound like a boat at idle with that wobble wobble sound and the prochamber cured that as well.
For reference, I have the stock manifolds and Borla Stingers. The x-pipe was a catted UPR type. A lot of people bash UPR in general, but as far as fit and finish go it was fine - just got tired of the sound issues. Anyway, just wanted to offer this up as a reference point to you guys who are considering a change. :thumbsup:

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
I too have the MAC Prochamber h-pipe! I love the sound compared to an x-pipe it really does have that deeper, muscle-car tone, but that's just my opinion! Glad that you're satisfied OP!

SVTwhore

Established Member
This makes me feel much better! I just sold my o/r x and picked up a prochamber and was a little leery that I may not like this setup as well. We'll see though, I can't wait for it to show up. I hate seeing the car up in the air not drivable with the weather so nice.

0-MYSTACHROME-4

Established Member
Im thinking of a Pro Chamber also. Can you guys put up some sound clips of you driving bye? Would really love to hear it.

Last edited:

SilverNotch

Established Member
With a prochamber can you run cats as well? I'd like at least a set of cats as I hate the smell of the off road setups. Does the prochamber drone at all or does it depend on your mufflers?

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member
I loved the x pipe sound above ~3800 rpm, but hated the tinny rasp sound in the 2000 - 2500 range, and decided it was time for a change. I went with the Mac Prochamber and could not have been happier - rasp is gone, and the sound is a deeper, muscle car type of sound. Also, the x pipe made my termi sound like a boat at idle with that wobble wobble sound and the prochamber cured that as well.
For reference, I have the stock manifolds and Borla Stingers. The x-pipe was a catted UPR type. A lot of people bash UPR in general, but as far as fit and finish go it was fine - just got tired of the sound issues. Anyway, just wanted to offer this up as a reference point to you guys who are considering a change. :thumbsup:

Might take this into consideration. Running the same setup as you had... But only thing is not having any cats on the Prochamber! Need them for emissions testing.

Users who are viewing this thread