Hasidic's Grand Rebbi died...

Vizior

Established Member
So there's a devout religious sect of Jews that live a town over from me, with the other part of their sect living in Brooklyn. Their grand rebbi has been on life support recently and passed away this afternoon. Due to religious issues all Hasidics must make a journey to their funeral (which must be within 24 hours of his death), and follow all their religious rituals. Therefore, over the next 24 hours there will be 100,000 jews making the trip. Last time this happened the entire town was blocked up, and some hasidics even parked their cars on an INTERSTATE HIGHWAY and walked. Therefore we are expected to be stuck in our homes for at least the next day.

Now, I know I sound horribly racist, but as a whole the hasidic community is unaccepting of others' needs and values. The community is pretty much outraged at the Hasidic community.

http://www.recordonline.com/archive/2006/04/24/reb.html

I have to admit though, he's done some honorable things with his life, and must have been very brave to survive Auschwitz.

State troopers are pouring in from all over the state to help control traffic.

UCBeau

that sucks. maybe they could make a special jewish lane or something, along the street, so they could still make it to the funeral but other folks could get where they need to go

Vizior

Established Member
Most folks in my area despise Hasidics. Some reasons include: avoiding taxes, not properly learning to drive, treating their women like crap, treating our women like crap, throwing rocks at cars that drive through their village.

It's rediculous, I can rant about their village for hours. Their fire dept. relies on our because their fire fighters can't wear masks or fight fires on saturdays. There was recently an incident in which a child almost died after getting his head rapped in a telephone cord on the Sabbath and the mother couldn't touch the telephone to save him.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I want to make a new beer company. Called Hasidic Brews. Served ice cold but has no flavor (like a Bud but less taste). You cannot drink it on the Sabbath, the tab has a calendar lock. When a beer dies everyone has to walk to the fridge and get a new one!

Last edited by a moderator:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
SanDiego01Snake said:
you could make millions
While I may not I'd still like to get some nice clippers and cut those damn annoying curls off!

1Day-ACobra

I'm workin on it
Established Member
Auschwitz Schmausc...h..s..witz...

Hasidics are whaaaackjobs. You know they have sex by putting a hole in a sheet and placing it between each other? (Someone better know what i'm talking about hahaha...best episode ever).

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
that sucks. maybe they could make a special jewish lane or something, along the street, so they could still make it to the funeral but other folks could get where they need to go

Have you ever been to NYC? Normal drivers need all the lanes they can get. I'm glad I don't have to go in for the next few days, though my mom and stepdad have to.

UCBeau

T-Bolt said:
Have you ever been to NYC? Normal drivers need all the lanes they can get. I'm glad I don't have to go in for the next few days, though my mom and stepdad have to.
i'm from NYC. Queens, to be specific.

GH1086

Established Member
Vizior said:
Nah. Orange County, NY. I go to school accross from Woodbury Commons.
I went there too. I now work for a local PD and we and the other local departments are having a field day with this. Right now the procession has made it to the destination but there a probably close to 100,000 Hasidics Jews here, the town it's in only has about 25,000 residents. They are parking their cars along the Thruway and walking miles just to get to the temple. Oh and everything Vizior said about the community being fed up with the Hasidic village is absolutely true.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
Vizior said:
There was recently an incident in which a child almost died after getting his head rapped in a telephone cord on the Sabbath and the mother couldn't touch the telephone to save him.

While I highly respect the right of most any religious group to practice what they firmly believe, this incident you just mentioned is simply ludracris.

Not preaching here, but it reminds me of a Bible passage, no clue as to where it is, where JC mentions that it's okay for a man to save his livestock on the Sabbath if the cow or ass falls into a ditch.

I'm paraphrasing here, going only on memory.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
religion makes folks do funny shit

agreed, especially in history past where you read about people sacrificing their kids or even each other to their God/s.

Or even, killing in the name of their God/s, in which most all religions, are guilty at one time or another.

Users who are viewing this thread