Has To Be The End

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Well I'm over a friends house and we go for a ride in his 11 Snake. Finally got all the bugs worked out of it and tuned making 785rwhp on a conserative tune. Car has 3:55 gears and no traction even in third gear. Waiting on rims and tires for it.

Anyway after feeling the 4.0 whipple just shred the tires at will we head back to his house and just shooting the breeze. He said that he wanted to put in 3:73 gears but he thinks they will be to much since he's roasting the tires with the stock gears. I am in totally agreement with him. Well in the corner still boxed up is the rear end he ordered for it a few months ago.

So asked what he was going to do with it and he thought that maybe he would sell it but there is no way he will get what he paid for it. Since you can do a gear install for about 500 with everything included and that is on the expensive side. So asked what was it worth. Let me think for a minute.

For the cost of shipping back to FRPP or wherever it came from plus a restocking fee I said "hell give you 500 for it laughing". He said come I could see if you said 700. Naw dont really need it but I would give you 600 if you were serious. He said sure and FLASH (out the door I went flying to the bank)

Well I get it home and uncover it.
img0703yy.jpg

img0704v.jpg

img0705rv.jpg

img0706vz.jpg

So guess I'll touch up the primer and figure out what color to paint it. Thinking about maybe red to match the car or something of that nature. Since the spring kit that I have is mainly all blue.
img0707d.jpg

img0708ap.jpg

So I guess one day I'll pull the rear end and install the FRPP racing kit and rear end. I think this will bring the car to closure until I pull the motor. This has to be the last mods that will be done. Hopefully THE END:rolling:

Kenneth

Established Member
There never is an end to modding, after 5 years of modding my 2006 Mustang GT I finally ended up selling it and buying a 2011 GT500, now it's just a new beginning.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
what tires is your friend using???

good luck on the new set up

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Dirty, can you do me a favor and take a photo and then post it up of the build tag that clearly shows the lengthy number as depicted in the following shot?

______________________IMG_0497.jpg

Tob

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Will see what I can do. I have already taken that off the rear end and primed it last night. I think its not tore up to bad. Will see if its at the top of the trash can I will get a shot of it.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I dont understand half of your story but sounds like you got good deal?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
What gears are in the new rear?

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Nothing special about it really. Comes with 3:73 gears. Same rear end that is in the PP version of the GT500 and also the boss. Stock is 3:73

Users who are viewing this thread