Has the Predator fuel curves been straightened out?

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
I've seen quite a few dyno graphs showing the Predator's fuel curves jumping all over the place. Some even look like a slightly altered stock curve. Then I've seen some that are almost ruler flat.

What gives?:shrug:

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
In my case with the default pulley tune it looked like the stock curve...
Graph2.jpg

but after some tweaking it is looking better...
Graph3.jpg

As far as I have seen all the predator default tunes mimick the stock tune or that is on YDAH1 flashes...

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Mine was almost identical to your first one. It was also pinging at about 3 grand, where, as you can see, its quite lean (13:1 is too lean for these cars anywhere i think).

Diablo is in the process of writing a tune for me right now to try to richen up the bottom end and smooth out the top end. David at Thunder Racing is working with them using the air temp of the dyno runs, along with the actual dyno pull graphs to try to straighten it out a bit.

Thanks Dave!

cobra808

Established Member
My A/F actually falls off the chart to below 10 at around 4000rpm. Not quite sure what's happening. The torque is about what everyone's getting with the same mods but my HP is way below average.

WC

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Mine falls off at about 5500 RPM. Will definately be working with James to get it to stay up there. I think I would also like it a bit richer...but if I get a flat curve I can make those adjustments myself...

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
Originally posted by Snake-Shadow
Mine falls off at about 5500 RPM. Will definately be working with James to get it to stay up there. I think I would also like it a bit richer...but if I get a flat curve I can make those adjustments myself...

Wow!! I'l bet you are leaving about 20-25 HP on the table at the very upper RPM range with that tune. Your AF takes a major dump at around 5250 which is where your HP curve also flattens out. Fix the AF to 12:1 all the way to redline and I'll bet you will see some serious numbers!!!

Good luck.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Fiore, im hoping they can tune mine to be as rich as yours at 3 grand and smooth out that top end too. If they can do that, ill be tickled. Right now, it was as lean as 13:1 at 3k and pinging its ass off. Hopefully....

Just waiting on the call from Dave-oh to go strap her down, load up the Diablo custom tune and see what happens.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Let me show you some of mine....LOL. James from RWTD is going to hook me up with a dyno tune as soon as my car is returned from head swap number TWO. :eek:

Blue = STOCK Tune
Red = Predator Performance Tune
Green = Predator Performance Tune +4% richen.

My car is a first run and has always been lean. I'm one of the minority of '03 owners who's never seen an A/F ratio below 12 on this car!? Nothin but CAI and full exhaust too....

U.M.

attachment.php

Last edited:

ALA G8R

Banned
Here is my graphs. 3.1 pulley before and after Predator. I use the Predator pulley tune with 10% fuel richening. James and I agreed that it was fine as is.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
All those still too lean at 3grand for me :) Especially since it was pinging there.

Ala's is alot smoother than mine was. Im hoping they can make it look more like that than the "all over the map" graph i have atm.

Users who are viewing this thread