Has my car been tuned?

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
Well, I am the second owner of the car, bought it with 5,000 miles on it, it now has 43,000 no problems, except i replace one wheel that I scratched up parking one night.....can't have scrathes on chrome!!!!! When I bought the car it had a magnflow CB on and thats it. I have since done simple mods like K&N GenII FIPK, and an O/R X pipe.....I bought the car from a dealer, previous owner had a lease on the car. Clean CARFAX report....Car has been great. I love it, but a few things are throwing me off, first, when I am at WOT, my boost gauge shoots to about 1/4" past 10lbs. I thought these cars came with 8lbs? Also my shift light has never come on, and i know that some have it turned off with tune. I have not taken the shroud off the S/C to see if I have a smaller pulley, but by glancing through the shroud it looks like a stock one. I will be doing this this weekend if its nice out, and measuring the diameter.... what do you all think? Any feedback would be great. :pop:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Might not be a bad idea to pay for a simple dyno session. You can pretty much get everything checked for under $80.

03cobramanIII

Banned
Well, I am the second owner of the car, bought it with 5,000 miles on it, it now has 43,000 no problems, except i replace one wheel that I scratched up parking one night.....can't have scrathes on chrome!!!!! When I bought the car it had a magnflow CB on and thats it. I have since done simple mods like K&N GenII FIPK, and an O/R X pipe.....I bought the car from a dealer, previous owner had a lease on the car. Clean CARFAX report....Car has been great. I love it, but a few things are throwing me off, first, when I am at WOT, my boost gauge shoots to about 1/4" past 10lbs. I thought these cars came with 8lbs? Also my shift light has never come on, and i know that some have it turned off with tune. I have not taken the shroud off the S/C to see if I have a smaller pulley, but by glancing through the shroud it looks like a stock one. I will be doing this this weekend if its nice out, and measuring the diameter.... what do you all think? Any feedback would be great. :pop:
if yor up shift light still comes on you prob. got the stock tune still. most people take that out with a tune. if they got one.

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
if yor up shift light still comes on you prob. got the stock tune still. most people take that out with a tune. if they got one.

UpShift light has NEVER come on since I bought it. I know people take it out, so that to me is another clue my car has been tuned.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
I would get it checked. Those are not stock specs....

On the same note... No problems driving it that many miles.... you should be fine.

spp114

Established Member
UpShift light has NEVER come on since I bought it. I know people take it out, so that to me is another clue my car has been tuned.

I ran at Agile last week (478rwhp / 500tq) and they were able to measure the boost during the run. Look at the peak boost level plus the AF ratio and you should be able to tell.

You should also look at they pulley size as you mentioned. My shift light comes on all the time so you may well have a tune on the car already - which could present some problems if you need to do any additional tuning to the car.

Users who are viewing this thread