Has anyone used this? (remote start factory add-on)

Bullitt66

Adiccted SVT Poster
Established Member
eBay Motors: Ford Mustang FACTORY OEM ADD-ON Remote Engine Start USA (item 400027745526 end time Feb-27-09 21:42:39 PST)

Some part in my brain is 10% rice, and tells me it could be cool :shrug:..

The RS1050 WORKS WITH YOUR FACTORY KEYLESS SYSTEM.
This will allow you to use your existing keyless entry remote controls! JUST HIT THE "UNLOCK" BUTTON ON YOUR FACTORY REMOTE 3 TIMES AND YOUR VEHICLE STARTS RIGHT UP!!! SAVE HUNDREDS $$ ON YOUR INSTALL!

This kit will work on BOTH manual and automatic transmissions. (It has an input for the parking brake for manual vehicles that will not allow the unit to engage unless the parking break is on)

Last edited:

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
I know what their point is, but I think it is funny that even with the parking brake, on my car would jerk halfway down the block before it stopped. I thought about putting one on my car for a while now, bur I don't trust only using the parking brake.

ARdoller

Established Member
so it doesnt work if the car is parked in gear, even with the e-brake on? or it doesnt matter, as long as the e-brake is up?

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Stay away from it since it is tachless. The tach wire is a security feature that you really dont want to mess with. That means they you have to sit there and play with the anti grind feature till it doesnt grind your starter every time it remote starts. Then what happens when its cold out and it takes a little bit more to start the car and the starter time is too low. The car just sits there and cranks till it starts or burns something out.

Also, I dont know about you but my factory keyless only works within like 15 feet of the car. At that point Ill just start the damn thing. You'll also need a 555u bypass so you can use a Pats chipped key to start it. Then you either have to program a new key to use with the car or use one of the keys you have or get one of the new fancy bypasses that have to be programed by a dealer.

Do yourself a favor and get a simple remote start/keyless entry. I prefer DEI ( ie. viper, avital, python) systems because Ive installed more of them than I can count, they have great support incase you get into a jam and they last a long time.

I put a 160xv in 3 family members cars and have never had any problems with them, however most of the problems with them is from the installer.

Last edited:

Tankz504

Established Member
^^ yea but you replace the factory controler. it will have A LOT better range too. DEI is a great one, so are audiovox and crimestopper.

Tankz504

Established Member
There are a few ways aroud this issue...

First, If you have a programed key, you can remove the key sensor form the ignition switch and zip tie or tape the programed key to it. Then you can use a metal non pats key or your other pats key.

Second, you can get a pats bypass module. This just decativates the pats. i think the part is like 50-75 bucks.

Many alarm installers use the first method. (its the way i went) If you need any more help with this just lmk.

Users who are viewing this thread