Has anyone used E3 Spark plugs

TerminatedGT

Established Member
So a good friend of mine has been running these and is claiming power and mileage increase. If this it true right on but I want the opinion of a few that have tried this not just one. I have watched a engine dyno ( 7 tq increase ) on a sbc and a chassis dyno ( 12 hp ) that both show increased power but looking for real world use. Anyone of these could be a fluke but who knows maybe you. If you have tried these or been a part of please chime in.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
How many miles were on the plugs that were replaced? They might've been due for a change. I'll stick with my NGK's.

01yellercobra

Established Member
There are a number of reasons it could be. From driving style to the gas used. At least out here they have a different winter blend and it kills mileage. Is he talking about a big increase or something like 1mpg?

TerminatedGT

Established Member
There are a number of reasons it could be. From driving style to the gas used. At least out here they have a different winter blend and it kills mileage. Is he talking about a big increase or something like 1mpg?

I understand all of that, E3 claims a more complete burn just looking for those who have tried them. I put NGK V-grove plugs in everything. I have been happy with them so far but is there something better? I have tried Iridium plugs and hated them BIGGEST waist of money, spark blow out just all around crap in my motor. The spark plug has a very important job so I am curious when something new is out.

I really want proof they don't work but not getting any. Thank you to those who have responded

Last edited:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
we put them in 5.4 and 4.6 motors at dealership because of the 2 piece ones breaking. dont know about performance gains though

MKMotorsport

Established Member
straightup gimmick. NGK for the win.

If you actually get ahold of one of their dealer paper catalogues you'll find NGK offers a variety of electrode types on nearly all of there plug applications (and has been forever..) E3 is just a marketing gimmick to try and point out one electrode variation.

Users who are viewing this thread