Has anyone tried leasing the 2011 GT?

fangstang

Established Member
Just as the title says. Has anyone inquired about leasing the GT? I know they offer leasing for the v-6, but I'm not interested in that. let me know if you have or if you know any info regarding residuals and money factors.

Grant808

Established Member
I asked about it and they said 'no'. I love this car, but I was thinking that something better might be out by 2013 like a coyote based GT500...so I was seriously interested in leasing for 3 years. If I thought I could live with the v6, I definitely would have leased it. Totally glad I didn't go that way.

fangstang

Established Member
I asked my local dealer and they said they do lease the new GT's. He wasnt specific on the rates but they definitely do lease them. Now I just need to know the rates

Grant808

Established Member
Never understood why anyone would lease a car. I hate renting an apartment enough.

That's what I used to think...

But after buying my first new car, I noticed how close my residual value on the loan was to resale value of the car...for almost three years straight. So what's the real difference? One you exit automatically, and the other you're still stuck with.

What I really don't understand is why people go into a new car upside-down on their trade-in...but I don't mean to judge, since I almost did that when the '01 Cobras came out.

And you might hate renting, but I'm sure there are a LOT of peeps who would have preferred to have rented for the last 5 years instead of taking huge six figure hits on houses bought near '06 or '07...

Users who are viewing this thread