Has anyone taken the SIFT flight exam? Im scheduled to take it Tuesday

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
Has anyone recently taken the Army SIFT Flight Exam. I am trying to go active duty WOFT and am scheduled to take it tuesday. Can anyone give me any recommendations, as of right now there are not any prep books since the Army recently switched from the AFAST to the SIFT. I've been studying the ASA Principles of Helicopter Flight book, the ARCO book and the mathematical sections from my ASVAB book. Can anyone give me a rundown?

garbonzo1991gt

Flying Monkey Commander
Established Member
Former Warrant Officer here. Basic aviation stuff. If you've taken a civilian ground school before you'll do well. Really isn't fixed or rotary wing specific. Good luck. I had a lot of fun in my career and wish you the best.

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
Thanks for the reply. I took the SIFT earlier today and scored a 60. The Army told me the average score on it is 50 and a 40 is passing. I think I did decently well considering I've had zero flight training/experience. I go before a board of high ranking Officers on June 13th to be judged.... They will give me a yes or no. If yes, my application packet will go to USAREC for a final approval in July. If everything goes right I will have my contract to become a Warrant Officer Helicopter Pilot. I'm excited but don't want to get my hopes up because it's still a lengthy process and everything needs to go right.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread