Has anyone successfully fixed the rpm bounce/stalling issue when in neutral coasting

sho95

Established Member
Hey guys, sorry to bring this back to attention
first off this has nothing to do with the stall flash update needs done from ford.
When driving the car and not abusing it and putting the car into neutral coming to a stop the rpms will start to bounce and sometimes the car will stall or if you stab the accelerator you can save it sometimes.
This does not happen all the time. I am leaning toward a learned behavior from the computer. If i have the battery unhooked and then rehook the battery up the car is fine through a couple of cycles, then it goes back to its bad behavior.
Has anyone fixed this with a tune upgrade or a piece of hardware that is faulty.
I have replaced the IAC. Cleaned the MAF.etc
Thanks

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Mine bounces every once in a while...but it has never stalled...subscribing...

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
You should be talking to your tuner about this

I have had no such problem with my car

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Try cleaning your MAF meter with MAF meter Cleaner.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Hissman is right; dirty/contaminated MAF sensor can definitely cause issues during airflow transitions

sho95

Established Member
Cleaned the maf, still have the issue. The maf wash??????

Happened a few times stock and wasnt stock for long. I figured with tuning and everything aftermarket it would have cleared up but seems to be alot worse..

I had also heard about a dashpot decay rate that can be fiddled with in the tune??????????

Last edited:

03Cobra1969

Established Member
I had an earlier production 03, when I had the car tuned the issues I was having similar to these went away.

Same here...got it tuned and the car performs as it should....holds steady at about a grand while coasting, and then as soon as I stop completely the RPMs return to idle at ~750

Last edited:

Nino S

Established Member
my car bounces a good amount at idle when shes cold and has only stalled on me 3 times. WHen it warms up after a while it idles smoothly with no issues so IDK what the problem is

sho95

Established Member
my car bounces a good amount at idle when shes cold and has only stalled on me 3 times. WHen it warms up after a while it idles smoothly with no issues so IDK what the problem is
Mine is the complete opposite. Fine when cool then after she warms up coming to a stop put the car in neutral coasting and bounce up and down 500 rpm to 1000 a couple of times and then plop...

SVT10TH#1721

Established Member
I use to have that Problem but a trip back to My tuner and he took care of it. I have also heard that clocking the Maf back to the stock Position will fix it in some cars. Some intakes like the K&N FIPK I have Move the position of the Maf.

03mgmcobra

Established Member
my 6/02 build date: stall x2 on an elevated overpass.??? stall x2 other times coasting to a stop, in gear w/ clutch engaged. ???

Users who are viewing this thread