Has anyone sold their home without a realtor?

_Snake_

Established Member
Find yourself a real estate lawyer. I paid .5% of my house value and he deals with everything except finding a buyer. When you do find a buyer he deals with all title changes, contracts etc. Very easy to do and saves a bundle without the headache of leaving yourself open to potentially being sued for something wrong with the home.

+1

Doing this right now for a FBSO home we're purchasing. Real estate attorney is the way to go.

JW03

Established Member
Wanted to give everyone an update. We decided to use a realtor with 4% fees. By using this realtor we will not have to pay closing costs on our new home, so we felt this was fair. Our house was on the market for 4 days before receiving multiple offers. We accepted an offer for $12,100 more dollars than asking price and are now awaiting inspections/appraisals/etc. Pretty happy with the outcome!

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I just sold and bought a house with no realtor on either transaction. The buyers lender will provide you with whatever is required. Saved myself a ton of money. My coworker was selling through a realtor at the same time as me and I seen nothing on his end that warranted a $10k fee for the realtor.

Users who are viewing this thread