Has anyone rented a GoPro?

redrocket16

Established Member
Just wondering if anyone has rented a GoPro before. I know alot of folks on here own them so I'm not sure how many people have here but it's worth a shot. If you have, how was the experience and who did you use?

Here is the site I'm looking at currently:
http://recordyouradventures.com/store/products/gopro-hd-hero-3-camera-rental-now-available/

I'm looking to get a GoPro for a weekend cruise/show in October. It's a large cruise down to Corpus Christi and then this year the show will be on the flightdeck of a decommissioned aircraft carrier.

Also, what style of mount should I go with and any excessories I should include?

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I would just buy one.

When you say cruise you mean car cruise or like a ship? If you mean a car make sure to get the suction mount, a big enough memory card to record everything and make sure the battery is fully charged.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Definitely suction cup mount and 32 gig card.. Fully charged battery.. A spare battery or two as well.. They don't last long.
I bought my Hero 3 HD Black on Amazon for $240 on black friday.....

oldmodman

Established Member
Before I retired I rented out all types of video gear. I had 35 GoPros. What you got was the camera,two batteries and an extra charger, three memory cards, two different types of suction mounts and a Pelican case.

I charged $18.00 per day or $50.00 a week.

One of the reasons that I decided to close my business was the tiny amount of money to be made compared to what I brought in in the 80's and 90's

99GreenCobra

Established Member
I vote buy one too. They are way too handy. I have one one on my quadcopter, taken it sailing, kayaking, put it in the kids little tikes car. May too many options.

Users who are viewing this thread