Has anyone received a November build date yet?

idaho

Established Member
There was a lot of news in the past weeks about October 1-22 build dates, but has anyone received good news lately?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I received a scheduled week of Oct 29th today so I'm assuming you'll start seeing the Nov dates popping up next week?

Snoopy49

Established Member
Iceman
Have you heard any firm dates relating to the Nov/Dec shutdown? The last I read said 3 weeks in Nov and the last 2 weeks of Dec.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I just got my build date/vin today! Yppppay!! Week of Nov 5!!!!! Ordered Sep 5th.

You got your build date the same day as your VIN? I got my VIN today and was told my current status was "scheduling for the week of October 29th", but no firm day.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Yea. Where'd that info come from?

As it gears up for the future, Ford to add 1,200 workers in Flat Rock

The paint shop will be upgraded and the final trim line rebalanced to add gasoline-powered versions of the Fusion. The Fusion hybrid and Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid will be made in Mexico which has 2 1/2 times the Fusion capacity that Flat Rock will have for the sedan, but Tetreault said if demand for the hybrids escalates, Ford will look at adding them in Flat Rock.
The Lincoln MKZ is also being built in Mexico, but UAW officials hope Lincolns will be added to Flat Rock in the future.
Much of the retooling will be done during a three-week shutdown in November. By March, prototypes could be coming down the line, Gonzales said.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Jan 3rd sounds like a reasonable return date, I don't see the UAW signing onto a contract that would require the workers to come back right after Christmas, work 2 days and then get off for New Year day. I sure don't want some hungover party hardy type building my car. Give them a couple days to dry out.

railroad

Established Member
I got an "in the system" date of Sept 4. I put the order in with the dealer on Aug 28. No scheduled build date as of Oct 8. I am hoping to get the car before Christmas, does that sound realistic?

Snoopy49

Established Member
I got an "in the system" date of Sept 4. I put the order in with the dealer on Aug 28. No scheduled build date as of Oct 8. I am hoping to get the car before Christmas, does that sound realistic?

Have you called SVT (800-367-3788) to confirm the order status? You will have to wait until Monday to call. Make sure you have the Order Number and Dealer Code. They will be on the Vehicle Order Confirmation print out or DORA your dealer should have given you.

USV8PWR

Established Member
Last I heard was Nov 22 to Jan 3rd. They are suppose to finalize the dates by Nov 5th.

So if that info is still good, starting Monday, October 15th thru Monday January 14th, 2013, there are only 7 more weeks they will be building the 2013 Shelby. :uh oh: 7 weeks * 5 days * avg. of 37 cars (the number I think you posted somewhere) is approx. 1,300 more from whatever the current total is now.

USV8PWR

Established Member

I'm rooting for you my fellow AL Brother, but mine was "in the system" for 14 weeks before I got a VIN, and it was 17 weeks before my car was built this past Wed. I still have a few weeks to go before it arrives. If your order doesn't get pulled it Nov., you may not see your car. At least a MY13. There are only 2 weeks of MY 13 production after the plant reopens in Dec. We learned that any unbuilt MY 13 allocations will become MY 14 vehicles.

railroad

Established Member
The info I have is from SVT. They can only tell you what they know, but I appreciate their patience. I may have made a mistake, not accepting an order for a 2014 for $4000 less than MSRP from another dealer, but I will probably just ride this one out. The dealer that made the good deal on the price has a Boss on the show room floor and pretty sure he will deal on it. Not a Laguna edition.

Snoopy49

Established Member
There are only 2 weeks of MY 13 production after the plant reopens in Dec. We learned that any unbuilt MY 13 allocations will become MY 14 vehicles.

If Ford is upgrading it's paint shop for the new 3-Wet paint process in late Nov and Dec, it stands to reason that all the cars built after the upgrade will be painted with the new process.
Does anyone know if they still dip the body for the initial primer coat with the new system?

Users who are viewing this thread