Has anyone ever seen the movie Bladerunner?

Jens03GT

Established Member
My friend made me sit down and watch this movie. I thought it was one of the worst movies I had ever seen. I think that he built it up too much. Have you guys seen it?

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
Originally posted by Grim's Reaper
Another useless thread.....:??:

withstupid.gif

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
But this is the forum for non technical banter! Just not AIMfests and Whoring Expeditions.

This is a good topic if you are interested in it.

At least it isnt "How you doing"?

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
A bit before my time as well. Saw it the other day on public television. BUNK I SAY!

Jens03GT

Established Member
It sounds familiar but I am not sure. Bladerunner is pretty old ass movie. I do not really like too many older movies but this one was terrible.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Sometimes I watch these just for entertainment. It's nice not having to worry about plot, character development, etc. -- just good old fashioned violence.

Jens03GT

Established Member
I think one of the older movies I like would be War of the worlds. I saw that a long time ago. Not too bad.

Jens03GT

Established Member
It seems like now every movie is a copy of another one. Or they are just pointless. I was not a big fan of fast and furious. Nice cars but that was it. Now they are making another one.

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
Originally posted by Jens03GT
It seems like now every movie is a copy of another one. Or they are just pointless. I was not a big fan of fast and furious. Nice cars but that was it. Now they are making another one.

Think you ment nice car ! ! :) Charger was just about it.

Bladerunner never watched. War of the Worlds was a good book but never seen the movie. Matrix falls into that category. Even though I loved the 2nd one it was nothing like the first one ! It was more or less a super action movie first, made you thknk 2nd. Worst were the Rocky movies. Good lord. First one was one of the greatest movies ever made. The rest were just crap ?

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Has anyone ever seen the movie Bladerunner?

Yes, while it is not the greatest movie the book it is based on is challenging and thought provoking. Read the book and you will have a different perspective about the movie. The book is titled Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick. Other books with a similar theme include Brave new World by Aldous Huxley and Player Piano by Kurt Vonnegut to name a few. These authors present, in their writings, most of the fundamental ideas for which Sci-Fi entertainment has evolved into today.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I too, have seen Bladerunner, and felt it was cool as hell when it first came out. It was one of the first titles to come out on that big rainbow record called a Laser Disk as well, I believe.

The film has quite a bit of interesting undertones, and I felt it was very impressive in it's content for the timeframe it was created in. You've got to remember that we have been 'tainted' or 'spoiled' by the skill and sheer grandure of the impact of modern movies, and it sometimes overshadows the huge steps that some of the older flicks were taking back then.

I've 'forced' others to watch Bladerunner recently, and *I* even felt it was lacking when I look at it now days, which pissed me off because I realized it's just because I've gotten accustomed to the next level of movie-making. I still stand firmly to my belief that it was a good movie for it's time. Just like The Andromeda Strain is!:)

Users who are viewing this thread