Has anyone ever made a claim to a Collectors Insurance?

Mr. Couper

Established Member
For example - Hagerty, grundy, barton- thinking about getting their insurance

Just seeing if there will be any trouble if anything happens. Im thinking about going with Hagerty right now.

rlongo

Established Member
Premium Member
I have Grundy. They sell (brooker) it out to various underwriters. Mine is through Philadelphia Indemity Corp. Collector's policies are zero dollar deductable policies that pay out the full dollar amount the car is insured for, should a total loss occur. Also they allow you more options to get your car repaired should it not be a total loss. They understand you have a special car and do not insist on the lowest bidding auto body shop. I've had mine for 3+ yrs and my dad has used them for 20+. Very happy. I also know several other folks that have had good luck, even some that have had to make a claim. Just my $ .02.

And oh yeah the rates are very affordable, mine is under $300 a year for full coverage insured up to $26k.

Hawwk11

Established Member
This is probably a stupid question, but i thought your car had to be a "collector" (30+ years old) to have collectors insurance.. how are you planning on using them for your lightning?
I think limited production vehicles fall under that catagory as well. Hence 03/04 cobras, and lightnings.

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
I think limited production vehicles fall under that catagory as well. Hence 03/04 cobras, and lightnings.

Yes, that is correct. Limited production, special editions, or specialty enthusiast vehicles. An 03 Cobra would be covered, an 03 GT would not.

But bear in mind that different companies have different restrictions on use. Grundy, for instance does not want you driving the car to work, even occasionally -- only for cruises, parades and pleasure driving. Hegerty allows driving to work on occasion as long as its not your main commuter vehicle. Some also have mileage restrictions, and other policy items.

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
This is probably a stupid question, but i thought your car had to be a "collector" (30+ years old) to have collectors insurance.. how are you planning on using them for your lightning?

I was told it being a limited production run it is able to fall in there coverage. My Lightning is a long way from stock as it has a built motor, custom turbo kit and many other parts on it that make it unique. It has only been driven 2k miles in the last 2 years. I also think my cobra might could fall into there non daily driven as I have driven it 3,800 miles since last Jan when I bought it. This could be a great route for many members like me that dont have to drive there cars as DD's.

Users who are viewing this thread