Has anyone ever found their factory Build Sheet?

Cobra Jet

Established Member
So in the older Classic Mustangs and even the Fox Mustangs, some owners have found the factory Build Sheet in various locations within the vehicle.

Has anyone with an SN95 ever found their factory Build Sheet - and if so, where was it in your SN95?

I still have the original Build Sheet to both my prior 1986 GT and 1994 Bronco... LOL.

I have not come across one in my 94 Cobra (yet).

Usually, the locations to finding a Build Sheet are:
- In spare tire well sitting on top of the spare or stuffed under it. Obviously if car has had more than 1-owner, this is a slim to none chance at this point in the doc still being in the spare tire well.

- Under dash assembly, sometimes around the main wiring harness, or stuffed into dash cavity.

- Under the carpet. Usually it's laying on the front floor pan is most common, but can be laying on rear floor pans OR taped to back of carpet.

- Under Rear seat cushion (sometimes wedged in between the metal frame and cushion).

- Under one of the front seats - again wedged between metal frame and cushion.

- Behind trunk liners, sometimes taped to back of liners or taped to one of the rear wheel wells.

- Behind rear interior plastics.

So if anyone has found one, post it up - it's good reference and nice display piece at car shows.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I have also been told they were sometimes above the gas tank.

I've had my car apart and never found the sheet.

amorrow

Established Member
Found paper taped to rear taillight panel behind bumper cover on my ‘96, but wasn’t legible. I recall there being paper inside the front bumper too but can’t find a pic from when I disassembled.

1664473148232.jpeg

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Established Member
Found paper taped to rear taillight panel behind bumper cover on my ‘96, but wasn’t legible. I recall there being paper inside the front bumper too but can’t find a pic from when I disassembled.

View attachment 1763137

^^^ That looks like it may have been the Build Sheet. The doc was printed via a dot matrix printer, which is why you see the perforated edges on that paper above…. Both the ones I have from my 86 GT and 94 Bronco were on the same type of paper.

Did you save it or discard it?

I’ve never even thought of looking under the bumper covers!

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I found one between the rear metal bumper and styrofoam. I could see the edge of it hanging down and it was taped in place up top. It required removing the bumper cover and foam to get the tape off. The section protected by the foam was legible.

I found a second wadded up and stuffed inside the metal front bumper. It was illegible.

Tom

amorrow

Established Member
^^^ That looks like it may have been the Build Sheet. The doc was printed via a dot matrix printer, which is why you see the perforated edges on that paper above…. Both the ones I have from my 86 GT and 94 Bronco were on the same type of paper.

Did you save it or discard it?

I’ve never even thought of looking under the bumper covers!
I think I kept both the one shown near rear bumper and the front. Probably boxed with all the bagged and tagged items…will look this weekend and post if I find them.

Cobra Jet

Established Member
Interesting - never heard of the front or rear bumper cover finds! I wonder how common that is for a find and thanks for posting about it too.

Users who are viewing this thread