Has anyone done straight exhaust deleting theyre H or X pipe with just mifflers ?

kona12

Established Member
Hey fellas was curious to know has anyone done straight exhaust deleting theyre H
or X pipe with catt deletes goin straight thru with just mufflers. Wanted to try old style setup.Wanted to know if there would be a power loss. considering its straight and maybe 3'' or 21/2 just b4 over the axles. would like some serious input on this

scott_0

Established Member
you lose a good bit of low end torque when you have no H or X junction, dont do it

Caleousus

Established Member
Yeah man... Stick with a cross over pipe. You'll loose too much low end torque. Plus it sounds better with a cross over pipe.

TheDivaDanielle

Established Member
From past experience on my GTO, I did this setup. Dynoed @ 409rwhp with a .228/.230 cam, and all boltons, stock heads and intake, and no crossover'd midpipe, then later w/ an X-Pipe, and dynoed @ 411rwhp. Negligible difference. Don't believe everything people you, especially when it's likely they haven't tried it. BTW, no crossover? sounds old school and beastly as hell.

Caleousus

Established Member
From past experience on my GTO, I did this setup. Dynoed @ 409rwhp with a .228/.230 cam, and all boltons, stock heads and intake, and no crossover'd midpipe, then later w/ an X-Pipe, and dynoed @ 411rwhp. Negligible difference. Don't believe everything people you, especially when it's likely they haven't tried it. BTW, no crossover? sounds old school and beastly as hell.
Just be cause you dynoed near the same doesn't mean it's the same broski. Lol
Pretty sure the power curse could have been different. In the higher RPM's I'm sure it was great. Down low it was probably a dog.

But hey, to each there own man. I just have to think if it didn't matter much then why would they manufacture something you didn't need?

TheDivaDanielle

Established Member
Just be cause you dynoed near the same doesn't mean it's the same broski. Lol
Pretty sure the power curse could have been different. In the higher RPM's I'm sure it was great. Down low it was probably a dog.

But hey, to each there own man. I just have to think if it didn't matter much then why would they manufacture something you didn't need?

noise cancellation, exhaust note, and I'm sure to extract the last bit of power, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread