has anyone done just 2

Traumatized

..but it's just a truck..
Established Member
Has anyone replaced just two of their cats with high flow cats and left the other two stock???? Would this be a waste of money? I would like just a little more flow and sound. I have a Bassani cat back and love the sound but would like just a little more rumble :shrug:

Last edited:

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
I replaced the top 2 with high flow cats and took out the bottom 2. Works pretty good I guess. But I think I am going to upgrade to the magnaflow!

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
Im taking all mine off tomm so i can run race gas, and putting on the silver bullett. Ill post up what i think about it.

1s9v9t3

Established Member
Larry,
how loud is it? I was thinking of doin long tubes, high flow mids and silver bullet, but then again im 20 and love stuff loud

4Lance

Svt Nut
Established Member
i just put on the Bassani High flow mid pipes w/cats and the bassani mufflers and i love it. it's just perfect for a everyday driving truck....love the heads turning going back and forth to work and around town :)

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
1s9v9t3 said:
Larry,
how loud is it? I was thinking of doin long tubes, high flow mids and silver bullet, but then again im 20 and love stuff loud

I've had hotrods for over 35 years. I love sweet sounding muscle car/truck.
But without cats and our short exhaust system it's too friggin loud.
Plan on lots of tickets.

I ran longtubes,2 free flowing cats and Magnaflow catback.

It sounded SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! Nice rumble when you're cruising and a nice roar when you stood on it.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
The 2 cat magnaflow system is pretty sweet sounding. I'd put that on and see if you want to upgrade to better headers.

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
Just got finished with my install. Cleaned out my cats and added the Silver Bullett and I like it a lot. Mild at cruise speed and really wakes up on open runs. I also got a chance to drive the truck with nothing except the stock manifolds. Now that was loud. Felt like I had big block power.

Users who are viewing this thread