Has anyone dealt with AMP performance?????????

ranger408ci

Stangfreak!
Established Member
If anyone has, I would like to know about your experience! Because I'm getting :burn: :bash: and am very F'n :fm: :cuss:

I just bought an AODE to a TKO600 swap and have had nothing but problems. First they ran out of trannys and then sent some of my parts elsewhere. I've got all of my parts now but found out It's a ten spline old 3550 (I think) in a TKO 500!!!!!!!!!!!!! <- NOT 600 box. The TKO 5 and 600 are supposed to have 26 spline input shaft right? I am going to get a hold of them tomorrow but wanted to vent a little here first. If you read this and want to comment or advise me of the right actions to take please do so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mikey

Last edited:

dks

Established Member
Run far far away from them. Get your money back and go somewhere else (easier done if it was a cc transaction). I still remember the name AMP performance from way back in the day, when they screwed over an army soldier. I dont know where you can find that thread, but it should be around Corral or other mustang site. The place was so bad, I still remember the name AMP after many years. And I dont even live around Pheonix.

I guess it wasn't so long ago.
here are some links:
http://forums.corner-carvers.com/showthread.php?t=11945
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=489133

Last edited:

ranger408ci

Stangfreak!
Established Member
Wow! I had no idea. I have the TKO 600 coming Friday. It always seemed that T.T. from Amp was upfront. He did kind of get pissed at me for telling him about a mistake with the trans. Mistakes happen and we were both kind of frustrated. Anyway, I think he will make it right. He did apologize for the mistake. It kinda freaks me out a little bit. I know 3100$ is not a lot of bread to some, but damned I worked hard for it, and hopefully there won't be any problems. Sorry for everyones misfortunes and hopefully noone else gets burned. Mikey :shrug:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I dont' know much about them, never purchased anything but they are FFW's main sponsor so I think they may want to protect their rep.

Users who are viewing this thread