Has anybody figured out how to drop an SN-95 and not drag the exhaust yet?

dlefever

OldDude
Established Member
Y'all know what I'm talking about here. Lower your SN-95 over an inch and you will drag that aftermarket exhaust system everywhere you go. What is the solution???

MLS

Established Member
Different exhaust.
Maybe try having it cut and re-welded to fit closer to the driveshaft tunnel.

Det_riot

Established Member
Different exhaust.
Maybe try having it cut and re-welded to fit closer to the driveshaft tunnel.

What he said. I don't drag exhaust
ynu2e5ap.jpg

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
+1 on not dragging. Only driving careless over speed bumps I drag

CobraHuck

Established Member
What they said, I only dragged my LTs on my old car over huge speed bumps and it was dropped 2". You can either tuck the exhaust closer to the trans tunnel or if you don't mind the cost, you could always go with oval exhaust tubing so you get the same size for flow but better clearance.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I don't know how many inches mine is lowered but I have the H&R SS springs and my LTs with O/R H and mufflers don't drag a bit.

dlefever

OldDude
Established Member
Clarify: I'm street legal with my H pipe and I'm not going to consider running an off road H or X pipe. The cats are the primary problem, but the cat back clamps will drag also when my car is lowered. So you guys with the off road H pipes can lower your cars with little problems, but that is not an option for me. Regardless, thanks for your ideas and input into helping me solve my problem. Keep the ideas coming!

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
Clarify: I'm street legal with my H pipe and I'm not going to consider running an off road H or X pipe. The cats are the primary problem, but the cat back clamps will drag also when my car is lowered. So you guys with the off road H pipes can lower your cars with little problems, but that is not an option for me. Regardless, thanks for your ideas and input into helping me solve my problem. Keep the ideas coming!

You can get a catted x pipe and be completely legal and not deal with this dragging

SpittingCobra

Established Member

LMAO you gotta pay to play bro.

THE RED 1

Wake up, piss excellence
Established Member
That's like asking if anyone has walked through Mexico and figured out how to not see a mustache

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
If you're still running stock manifolds you can have your X/H pipe cut down and where it comes down from the manifolds and have it welded back up. One of my friends and I did that to his BBK X pipe and we got an extra 1.5" of ground clearance by doing it. You will get more heat radiating from the floor boards but you can use header wrap on the the x pipe to keep the heat down.

dlefever

OldDude
Established Member
I'll give The Red 1 a funniest quote award for: "That's like asking if anyone has walked through Mexico and figured out how to not see a mustache"

I'll give Mystic SVT a most helpful award for: "If you're still running stock manifolds you can have your X/H pipe cut down and where it comes down from the manifolds and have it welded back up".

Thanks, guys, for the sound advice and for making me laugh at the same time!

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Does anyone know if a 99-04 midpipe hangs down lower? Mine hangs down a lot, but bolts up perfectly. I scrape on the smallest bumps and it isn't even slammed lol.

Users who are viewing this thread