Has anybody else heard of Mexicans whistling at their relatives to get their attentio

turbo94gt

Established Member
I live above this Mexican family in a 2 family house and I hear it almost every day. But this is not just a regular whistle though, it sounds exactly like a bird call. The sound is exactly how you would hear it on the Animal Channel. The first time me and my brothers heard it we were like WTF is that LOL. It is very bizzare to say the least. Anyway I thought that it might just be that this family has some weird communication thing going on but I have heard other Mexicans do it a well at the mall and food store. I dont know but maybe it is in their culture or something. Has anybody else heard this or of this?

Last edited:

5.0 Ford Power

*derp*
Established Member
Yeah its fairly normal. Some of my family does it all the time. Except it doesnt really sound like a bird though. It's a little weird though.

turbo94gt

Established Member
5.0 Ford Power said:
Yeah its fairly normal. Some of my family does it all the time. Except it doesnt really sound like a bird though. It's a little weird though.
I am curious to know why you do it if you dont mind.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
turbo94gt said:

I whistle at someone when they cant hear me......same thing for women....you whistle at them..as saying Damn :poke:

roll-n

Established Member
my wife's father does all the time to get the attention of his grandkids... :shrug:

I guess one day I will be doing it to my grandkids... :nono:

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
where I live they are all very sleezy looking and act the way they look. Had a very close friend that I grew up with, a girl...very good looking. She was walking through the store and had a bunch of them whistle at her...did not give them the time of day. As she was leaving they did it again and started talking to each other in spanish. As she passes them and hears this, she turns around and lites their asses up in spanish...guess they did not realize her mother was a spanish teacher and she was majoring in spanish!! They were being extremely rude and saying very crude things to her in spanish. That is how they are where I live!!! So the whistling thing is not to get someones attention...it is to be an ass!!!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Most of the skell Illegals I run into use that "bird" sounding whistle to let the other illegals know when L.E. or Border Patrol is in the area!

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
FordSVTFan said:
Most of the skell Illegals I run into use that "bird" sounding whistle to let the other illegals know when L.E. or Border Patrol is in the area!
Maybe they think the LEOs are sexy?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
It could be. My current g/f is spanish (yes from Spain) and when we go out, she gets all the Mexican illegals talking to her in spanish. They hate it when I respond in Spanish to them. Typical I start with "yo soy la migra"! Just to start things off right :D

5.0 Ford Power

*derp*
Established Member
turbo94gt said:
i never said i did it though. i can't whistle for shit. it is usually the part of the family that live in mexico that do it just because its common. but then again most of them dont live in the city. it is real common in the rural areas of mexico which is where both my parents were born.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
FordSVTFan said:
It could be. My current g/f is spanish (yes from Spain) and when we go out, she gets all the Mexican illegals talking to her in spanish. They hate it when I respond in Spanish to them. Typical I start with "yo so la migra"! Just to start things off right :D
asno...LOL

taronis

Banned
FordSVTFan said:
It could be. My current g/f is spanish (yes from Spain) and when we go out, she gets all the Mexican illegals talking to her in spanish. They hate it when I respond in Spanish to them. Typical I start with "yo soy la migra"! Just to start things off right :D

Eres la migra! Mierda!

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
turbo94gt said:
The sound is exactly how you would hear it on the Animal Channel... I dont know but maybe it is in their culture or something...
or a mating call perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread