Harness Color

BRIMSTONE

Guys I would like your opinion on what color my harnesses should be: red or black?? The roll cage is going to be black.

Thanks,
Mike

Andy M

Established Member
Mike,

I have the bright red Schroth 4 point harnesses in my R and they look FABULOUS against the black Recaros.

By the way, where are you guys hosting your pictures these days? it seems webshots and now imagestation both don't allow links to other web sites anymore? Just where is a person supposed to host pics now??

Send me email at [email protected] and I will replay with a picture of my harnesses.

Andy M

Established Member
Mike,

Before you go off and purchase the Schroth belts, you may want to reconsider?.. Although they look great, they are only 4 points and therefore do not have the anti-sub belt in front. Also, they are a real PITA to install.

I just ordered a pair of 5 point SABELT harnesses from www.racerwholesale.com (I got the SABELT 5710 model) and these should be much safer and will be SCCA legal. They have an H pattern on the shoulder harnesses so I can use them in the car until I get my full cage installed, then I can just alter them to wrap around the rear cross member once the cage is in. I will have drill holes through the floor of the car directly in front of each seat to accomodate the anti-sub belts, but other than that, should be real easy to install.

I should get them next week and will have them installed shortly thereafter. I'll let you know how it goes.

If you are still interested in the Schroth belts, I will sell you mine for a fraction of what they cost new.

Blown V8

I dont have any input on the harnesses, but for photohosting, try www.picturelist.com I use them, and have had great success with their company. Photopoint is bankrupt, and to BE AVOIDED, if they ever come back online. I lost everything, including several auctions I was running when they closed up shop. Hope this helps. Jeremy

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by Blown V8
I dont have any input on the harnesses, but for photohosting, try www.picturelist.com I use them, and have had great success with their company. Photopoint is bankrupt, and to BE AVOIDED, if they ever come back online. I lost everything, including several auctions I was running when they closed up shop. Hope this helps. Jeremy
Yep! I know what you mean about photopoint! :mj: I had just signed up and given them my money when they went bankrupt...then someone bought them, and they were back online for a while and then gone for good! then, the new suitor had the nerve to email me and ask me if I would pony up some more money to get my pictures and service back. Yeah right!!! Like hell!

So, is this picturelist thing gonna last for a while? and do they provide linking capabilities?

Blown V8

Picture list has been around for several years, and the guy that owns/runs it is a very nice, responsive guy. Get on their site, and I think they say how long they have been around. Other than a few brief down-times, for upgrades, etc, I have not had any of the problems those dirtbags at Photopoint caused me. Picturelist is a good value as well. I expect them to stick around for a while, and yes, you can can link off their hosting, for your own use. Check out my collector car businesses' listings on ebay under the seller name CARS2NV on ebay, and you will see my use of their hosting. You can email me directly for further details at [email protected] thanks, and good luck! Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread