Harley Climate Control

Chargedvenom

Established Member
Have you guys seen the Climate Control in a Harley Davidson Truck. It's full auto and looks like it would be a direct swap in a mustang. Seems all fords have the same size opening in the dash for A/C and heat controls. Is this possible or are the mustangs not wired for it. Has anyone done this or know someone who has?

Matt M PA

Established Member
That would be awesome..but I would bet that there are sensors and other things that need to be included that would not be in just changing the controls.

I'll see if my local parts guys have a clue.

tommygun

Established Member
I dont think the wiring will work but if you have access to one to check it out for free why not. I was looking at a DVD/CD player out of a Lincoln Aviator and it looks like the plug ins are the same :D

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Just say "NO" to Climate Control

I hate climate control!!! I have NEVER been in a climate control car I liked. EVER! For one thing, the variable speed fan will eventually (usually within a few months) begin to put out this high pitched whine at very low speeds, which cuts right through any ambient noise the car is making, and finds it's way directly into my spinal column at the base of my brain. OUCH!

No thank you. One reason I like the Mustang is because of the simple controls. Too hot?, turn up the fan a notch. Too cold? turn the temp knob a few clicks clockwise. Simple and effective, and for me, it's just as comfortable as any climate control.

For me, simple is better is more reliable. I had a T-Bird Supercoupe with all of the bells and whistles. It was always in the shop getting one of the whistles fixed. Auto adust shocks were the most frequent offender. Finally, when the plastic radiator broke, and it took 4 weeks to get a replacement (the car was only 4 years old at the time), I decided that I had enough. If I wanted that kind of abuse, I would have bought an old Jag. That's when I went back to Mustangs and I couldn't be happier.

2veloce

Established Member
I do like the auto climate control. But the system in my Harley Screw is not the best. For some reason, it cannot keep the Temperature anywhere near what the setting is. You know they all do that!!

Chargedvenom

Established Member
I just thought I could would be cool to have auto climate control in our Cobras. A friend of mine has an 03 harley and when I still had my Lightning I was comparing interiors and thought the auto climate would be a direct swap in my truck. Sold the truck when I bought the Cobra so I wanted to see if it was possible to do it. He is very happy with his and didn't have any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread