Hardline coming out the back of the water pump.

ChronicFox

Established Member
IMG_3752.JPG

This steel line that goes underneath the blower up to the back of the water pump, I'm wondering how firm it should push on, up on the front side. I unbolted it to jostle it a tad to do my head cooling mod, & I'm pretty positive it slipped off on the other end. I was able to get it seated again pretty easily and get the holes nicely lined up on the bracket again, but it took almost no effort to get it seated again. I'm concerned that this sucker will leak now. I assume there is just an O-ring on it?

Can anyone confirm how easy or tuff it should be to slip on and have any of you had it leak on you?

Thanks in advance guys.

01yellercobra

Established Member
There's two o-rings I believe. It really shouldn't take much effort to seat it. But if you have any doubts now it's the time to replace the o-rings.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
The hose should slip on with alittle resistance, not super difficult if the O-rings were wet. Might be worth removing the blower and inspecting the O-rings while the engine is out.

Last edited:

ChronicFox

Established Member
IMG_3765.JPG

I went down to the Ford dealer this morning to grab a few o-rings. Can you believe they wanted $10.20 a piece for them? I went to another place right after and got the identical O-ring for $.45 a piece.

Next question is would you guys trust this lower intake gasket? Apparently these intake gaskets aren't very common. Both the Ford dealer and multiple other suppliers of Felpro, Apex and Malhe brand gaskets are telling me a 2 week wait. The engine is getting transported and installed this Saturday.

01yellercobra

Established Member
That gasket doesn't look bad to me. How flat is it if you look at it crossways? You might be surprised how well these gaskets can seal even when they look bad. I installed an intake on an 03 2V and I was a little worried about one of the gasket spots being a little flat. Installed everything and torqued the intake per the manual. I was able to vacuum the cooling system down to 25" and it held for a minute.

Users who are viewing this thread