Hardest thing.

Sinnz28

Established Member
Had to put my dog jake down yesterday, it was the hardest thing i have ever done. He was 14 and his hips were going out on him, for the last week i watched him try to walk or even get up and he could not. he kept falling over and foaming at the mouth when he would try to breath, the vet said he must of had a lot of will power to keep on going.:(

642089525_l.jpg

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Good on you for putting his quality of life ahead of your feelings for keeping him alive. It is tough. 2nd hardest thing I have ever done was telling a doc over the phone that it was time to put one of our dogs down. hardest thing I ever had to do was say it again with other doctors on the phone so there would be witnesses. We did have them hold off till my now ex and our daughter to get there to say goodbye ... I feel your pain.

Had to put my dog jake down yesterday, it was the hardest thing i have ever done. He was 14 and his hips were going out on him, for the last week i watched him try to walk or even get up and he could not. he kept falling over and foaming at the mouth when he would try to breath, the vet said he must of had a lot of will power to keep on going.:(

642089525_l.jpg

Midnight Venom

Reloaded's Girl
Established Member
That's a hard thing to do. I had to put a dog and cat I grew up with down after they both got to sick to be comfortable. It was really hard for me especially knowing them for such a long time. They become your friends and someone who's always happy to see you.

Sorry for your loss. Keep the memories you had of him close to you.

Sinnz28

Established Member
Yes, that among others everything was giving out on him. he could not even stand on his front legs or use the bathroom without covering himself in it. when he was able to get up he could only make it about 5 feet before falling over trying to breath.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
put my dog down about 8 months ago. he was only 7...liver cancer.

he lived a long life your dog, 14s a good life. find a new friend, it will never totally heal the pain, but it helps.

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
I saw the title of this thread and was pretty sure I knew what it was inside. I know exactly where you're coming from. Putting down my best friend of 15 years, a wonderful Black Lab named Sunny, was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I am truly sorry to hear of your loss.

It seemed that second hardest thing was making the decision to get another dog knowing I may have to go through the same thing again some day. No regrets though. I could never replace Sunny but I now have another Lab who brightens my every day.

tistan

Established Member
Sorry for you loss.

Damn I am depressed now. I come on svt tonight, and there is all this talk about poeople losing loved ones from cancer. Now you lose your dog.

Pearbear

180 Lbs of Sad
Established Member
After I read this, I put all 4 of my little anklebiters on my lap. I'm terrified of the day when something happens to one of them.

I'm sorry that had to happen, but it was for the best.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
Hey Sinnz28,

Sorry to hear it man. Remember, your dog had one heck of a life, and most definitely loved every second of it, just like you. Just think about the good times, exclusively. I was cramming for a final in college when my 17 year old greyhound had to be put down. That phone call took all the wind out of me. But you have to think about the good times, thats all.

Users who are viewing this thread