hard water stains in glass

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
i have these spots on my rear hatch glass that i cannot remove. they look like waterspots but cannot be washed off and when you run your fingernail across them you can just barely feel the edge. these spots are only in the rear glass and annoy the hell out of me. i have tried a few things like using newspaper to dry the windows, clay bar, and various polishes.... ( i was soo desperate at one point i even tried some steel wool in a small area) but nothing works.... i have heard of some stuff called "bar keepers formula" or something like that but i cannot find it anywhere... im really at a loss.
besides that, what are some good tips for cleaning/sealing/protecting glass on a car, particularly the windsheild?

whitecobra98

Established Member
Griots garage sells two different glass polishes that can be used by hand or with a pc. Made specifically for that kind of problem.

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
ok, well, no idea if this will work, as I don't have hard water or soft water where I am, but a lot of places where you do your laundry you put in a powder stuff that will correct your water.
Maybe, just maybe, this will work
your wife should have some, I'd assume...

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
allright, thanks for the suggestions. i was hoping i wouldnt have do actually get a glass polishing kit, but so be it.
i did try vineger first actually, now that you mention it, and it somewhat worked... but it didnt get everything. i will add the glass polish to my christmas list.

SVECobraR

Established Member
Try using a compound and your pc or better yet if you have a rotary with a heavy cut pad. I used a wool pad on a customers windshield with SSR2.5 once, it had the same problem almost, and it took them off, then i used VM and a wax to cover.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
See if you can find a place thats ell wire wheel cleaner ( wheel acid) trust me it does wonders on glass. Just spray it on and let it set for a few seconds and wash it off. Might take a couple tries but it will come off. Used this technique alot when i detailed cars. If you look up the comapny Knipps they will have it. They are located in wichita KS.

Users who are viewing this thread