Hard to put in cams??

kevs87stang

You wont.. You wont!!
Established Member
Ok, i have been tryin to look how hard it was and what needed to be taken out to put cams in my truck. i watched my bud put cams in his customers 05 gt stang, and oh my god, i have never heard a modular motor sound like that. EVER. He put the big mother thumper in btw. But i have been wanting cams for a long time, and i figured since im puttin the pulley on and gettin it dyno tuned, i'll just knock it all out at once.

But about how long did it take you guys to put em in on scale of 1 as easy, and 10 as hard lol. and what would you recommend?? i dont want that all show and no go, but i still want it to sound killer

jims2000lt

Established Member
i put a set of Crower stage 2s in mine with new gears and chains and it made a difference. I have a stock Eaton and heads and am making around 450 rwhp. I would rate this as a 6. Its not to bad just take your time. Remove valve covers, timing cover and everything else related to this and install. The important thing is lineing up the chains ang sprockets but its not as hard as it sounds. If you can change plugs in under 1.5 hours you can do this.

Users who are viewing this thread