Hard Starting

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
I had the problem outlined in the in the FAQ under section 5.8. Hard starts. As described in the FAQ, it only happened in my car on cold starts. After warming up the car would always start just fine. The FAQ says that "There is no known solution at this time."

I found a fix by simply turning the ignition to the on position and pausing for a few seconds (about the time it takes for the CD player to start playing). Then the car starts up right-away as if had been warmed up. Otherwise, just trying to start the motor with no pause results in an extended running of the starter.

If I had to guess, I would say it has something to do with the fuel pressure since I found that during the pause I can faintly and very briefly hear what sounds like the fuel pump building the pressure.

Hope this can help the hard starting cars. It works for me every time.

SVTBlackBolt

SVT POISONED
Established Member
I've tried that and numerous other things...Mine though has been doing it ever since I outmy exhaust on..sometimes it starts right up sometimes it doesnt and usually takes EXACTLY 2 cranks.

I've tested all the fuel pressures everything and they resulted fine...

The only thing I can think of is since i have a 3" Exhaust..is back pressure or my Number One guess is wen I got the system they sent me 02 Sims well one of them didnt fit the right 02 connector..basically I recieved two for the left side..so I cut the plastic part and now it fits...but I think I need one for the right side...the correct side.

We'll see...

Users who are viewing this thread